Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anyone out there like me?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
I suffer from severe PTSD due to a very abusive relationship. One of the things I can't handle is being alone for long periods of time. Dh has been working 12-14+ hour days 7 days a week. He comes home so exhausted no matter how hard he tries to stay awake he just can't. I don't have any friends and no family so it's just me... always just me. It causes panic attacks bc my 1st husband would be gone for days, weeks, or even months at a time but had beaten me into such submission I still was too scared to defy him. I was NOT allowed contact with ANYONE and not even allowed out of the house w/o permission even to go check the mail... No matter how hard I try to keep myself in check and not let it get to me I've been having more and more panic attacks lately and my meds aren't helping and I can't seem to find anyone to listen bc they just tell me to get over it, stop being like that, calm down etc... ALL I want is for 1 fucking person to say "I'm here and I understand..."
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I do truly understand, I now suffer with secondary ptsd because of what my dh has put me through and the anxiety is bad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That sucks πŸ™

I don’t have any experience or words of wisdom for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:16 PM
Nope.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:16 PM

Are you in therapy? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:16 PM
Are you in therapy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say therapy. 

or just go to a park and read. be around people. that could help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I do truly understand, I now suffer with secondary ptsd because of what my dh has put me through and the anxiety is bad
redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this
You need therapy first of all. Then you need to put yourself out there. Go to a gym, join a quilting club, join a Moms group. Don't let your abusive ex ruin the rest of your life. You will lose DH if you keep being this needy. You need to figure out how to have a fulfilling life outside just DH. I am sure its going to be hard-but anything worth doing is hard right?
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM

Please do yourself a giant favor, and get into therapy.  There are some amazing support groups on Facebook, you ought to look into them.  And pets are wonderful for loneliness, maybe you could get a little dog or two to keep you company?  You'd be surprised how many people you can meet while walking them, almost everyone is drawn to dogs, they can be a great ice breaker!  I haven't been in your shoes, and I'm so sorry for all you've been through.  I'm an introvert, so I don't get out much, social interactions exhaust me.  But I've met a lot of people since we moved here because it's such a dog-friendly place to live!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:17 PM
Here! I understand. I worked. But I paid dearly if I had any "friends". My ex was physically and mentally abusive. The mental was horrible. It's been 11 years since divorce. Remarried 5 years.

Songs send me into panic attacks, smells. I still am unable to sleep through the night because my ex would beat me/force me to have sex in the middle of the night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)