Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because you are pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
it does not mean everyone should serve you like you are a queen. Or wait on you hand and foot.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:24 PM
No but it's nice to be spoiled every now and then.
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:26 PM

No, unless you have a medical issue, waiting on a pregnant woman hand and foot isn't necessary.  I was proud of all I could do while pregnant, and hated people thinking I couldn't do things.

redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:26 PM
that depends. I was a high risk pregnancy so by doctor's orders yes, I did get waited on hand and foot. I was told to be off my feet as much as possible for first and second trimester. So my mom did my housecleaning for me. DH carried heavy things for me.

For end of second trimester and all of 3rd trimester I was on strict bedrest so I could not even walk around so everything was brought to me in bed-food drink etc and I was pushed around in a wheelchair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:27 PM
I would not expect it constantly but I do agree. Every now and then it is nice.

Quoting Anonymous 2: No but it's nice to be spoiled every now and then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:28 PM
Yes it does. Eat shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Pregnancy is not an excuse to not do anything for yourself for nine months. It is nice to treat someone like a queen and wait on them hand and foot every once in a while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:28 PM
That is a valid reason.

Quoting redbottoms: that depends. I was a high risk pregnancy so by doctor's orders yes, I did get waited on hand and foot. I was told to be off my feet as much as possible for first and second trimester. So my mom did my housecleaning for me. DH carried heavy things for me.

For end of second trimester and all of 3rd trimester I was on strict bedrest so I could not even walk around so everything was brought to me in bed-food drink etc and I was pushed around in a wheelchair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM
Nope. No thank you! Back at you.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yes it does. Eat shit.
ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
The way I look at it, if I was on a train with no available seats and a pregnant woman came on with a "I worked hard on my feet all day" look on her face, I would give her my seat before she could ask. (Usually anyone for that matter).

If a woman came on and got demanding/entitled attitude, I would decline.
hart57
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 5:30 PM
Man I wish someone would of told me that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)