Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice from seasoned wives p lease. UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
So Dh has decided to leave his job. He wants to change fields but not sure what. I knew he was very very unhappy so I said go for it. I support you all the way.
So we’re downsizing. Putting our house on the market, sold our new car(just got it last year.) and went back to me driving my old one so we didn’t have to worry about that payment. We have a great life now but Dh is unhappy.
He told his employer, didn’t go well. Basically he’s now a consultant with pay until we find a new home then he’s done. Ok well the mortgage company wants our usual quarterly bonus in the bank by the end of the month before we close.
I asked Dh to talk to his boss and ask if he’s still getting one bc I don’t want to assume then loose the house because it doesn’t come bc he’s leaving. That was followed by 20
Minutes of yelling at me for not trusting him it will be ok and how hes be the only one supporting us for 12 years blah blah blah.
He’s been on edge ever since he made This choice. I’ve been looking for jobs to help the change but I’m having a hard time bc I’ve been out of work for so long. I got one offer but I literally had to pay $10 a month after childcare and gas for said job.
I get he’s stressed about what’s to come. I am too. He says I’m not stressed my life hasn’t changed.
He’s trying to move us into 1200 sq ft from 3200 sq ft with 3 dogs a cat and 5 of us. Down from 3 acres to no yard at all!
Every time I voice my opinion he yells. He told me today just to forget about buying. Bc our relationship probably won’t make it through this stress.
I don’t know what to do to help him! 😢

Well Dh has found a new job it’s commission based so our salary is still up in the air. I’ve been applying with no call backs. We put an offer in on a house we both love.
But bombshell. She has been questioning every little thing I do down to how I do laundry and what stores I shop at. I should go to Walmart bc it’s 2 miles closer than target.
Today our daughter was talking about her birthday. Dh said no party and one $20 gift that’s it. I said we’ll talk later about it daddy. Dd wants a sleepover with 3 friends as her party to not much I have to get for that. Then we talked about the snow that was coming later I said yea this sucks I remember wearing shorts home the day you were born. Dh yelled from the next room “no it was freezing”, off to google I went bc I thought it was cute and funny we both remembered it different. I said oh it was a high of 63 the day we came home. He said there you go trying to prove me wrong like always. I walked over to him and said that was not a nice thing to say.
Well took the kids to school and come home to him flipping out that all I am is a bitch we were fighting yesterday(news to me, I had no idea) and he’s sick of it. He’s done he wants a divorce! I just said ok and left for the day.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:41 PM
3 moms liked this
He's clearly a loser. I'd tell him to get his shit together or we would be done
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:41 PM
Why are you letting him sink your ship?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:42 PM
He’s telling me I’m the negative one bc I’m trying to talk about our plan over and over to make sure we are both on the same page and both doing what we said we would.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why are you letting him sink your ship?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:42 PM

He's cheating

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:43 PM
Well he just told me we’re done bc he’s under the most stress ever and I’m just making it worse. :(

Quoting Masterchefmom: He's clearly a loser. I'd tell him to get his shit together or we would be done
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
No way in hell would I be buying a house with him right now. I would be strictly renting
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd go for NONE of that. You're better than me.
Masterchefmom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:44 PM
Kick him out and move on. He's not a good person and you would be better off on your own.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well he just told me we’re done bc he’s under the most stress ever and I’m just making it worse. :(

Quoting Masterchefmom: He's clearly a loser. I'd tell him to get his shit together or we would be done
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:45 PM
Is he the one who worked for his brother, who took advantage of him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 19, 2018 at 8:45 PM
7 moms liked this
I’m sorry he is so unhappy in his job but tough shit. He should stay at his job until he finds something better. It would be one thing if his quitting didn’t drastically change your lifestyle. I go to work everyday, it’s not like I’m completely happy or stress free. Unfortunately that is life. Also I think there is more to this, if I were you I would start digging.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)