Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think this is child abuse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Friend A has 3 kids. 13, 8 and 4. 13 yr old and 8 yr old go to bed at a normal time and wake up at 6 for school. When the two older ones are getting up the 4 yr old is just getting to sleep. Friend A lets 4 yr old stay up all night (not forces) and sleep all day. She used to work nights for over ten years and is really used to this schedule. Her dh still works nights. After her older two get on the bus she goes to sleep. They sleep all day until about 2:30 or 3:00. Her other kids get home at 4. All her kids have kept that schedule while they were young. She starts fixing their routine about 6 months or so before they start kinder. She does go to bed early or stay awake late if she has to go to the school for appointments or whatever. Weekends she also goes to bed a little early so everyone can be out of the house by noon. They’re an active family and always on the go on the weekends.

Friend B is convinced this is child abuse and wants to call cps and wants me to make the call too. I don’t think it’s abuse. I told her that. Now friend B is mad at me because I won’t call cps. What say you?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh for fucks sake. Someone needs to tell the other friend to fuck off.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:44 AM
2 moms liked this
No, it’s not abuse. Shit like this is why CPS doesn’t have enough workers to deal with real abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:44 AM
No it's not.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
It's kind of ridiculous, but not cps worthy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:45 AM

No it is not.

diaperstodating
by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:45 AM
No it’s not abuse.
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:49 AM
Not abuse, just odd behavior.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:57 AM
Lol i had friends do the same thing. It worked for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:57 AM
Friend B is kind of a shitty friend and person if she wants A’s kids to all be separated, scared, and alone in foster care somewhere being beaten and raped or worse. Tell her that the next time she gets mad at you for not calling cps. Not that it’s your job anyway, ask her why she’s too chicken shit to do it herself while you’re at it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:57 AM
Not abuse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)