Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Domestic violence Biggest red flag

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
I just ended a 4 month relationship with a man I met applying to a county job.

I was applying for 9-1-1 dispatch as was he. He eventually wants to be a LEO (a cop) and is taking this opportunity to network.

Well fast forward 6 months later & 4 months into our relationship , we had a heated argument and I thought he was going to hit me, he literally laughed and was like “ I would never hit you! I don’t need a DV charge when I’m trying to get into the sheriff’s department.”

Hold on..so you won’t hit me not because you respect me too much but because you want to be a cop so badly?

Nope, I’m out of here. It was probably the scariest thing someone has ever said to me & the biggest red flag ever.

He never has met my son & my child doesn’t even know I’m dating. I feel like I got out just in time!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 5:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree, that is really scary.  Unfortunately too many people choose to ignore red flags like this, so good for you for listening to your instincts and ending the relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 5:31 AM
I was so shocked . When I left I didn’t speak to him for 3 days and I ended the relationship . When he played the blame game I knew I made the correct choice to end it & stay away. He isn’t even in a police department and thinking of ways around the law? He will be flagged in his process / interviews I hope!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I agree, that is really scary.  Unfortunately too many people choose to ignore red flags like this, so good for you for listening to your instincts and ending the relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 5:44 AM
I think you dodged a bullet there. I wouldn't ever be with a cop, anyway, there is just too much bs and baggage and worry, but he sounds like a real peach on top of that. Good for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 5:48 AM
Well done, what a dickhead
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:06 AM
I don't see that as a red flag.
redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:22 AM
I don't see it as as big of a deal you are making it. He didn't hit you and showed he had restraint. There are lots of reasons not to hit a woman. All are valid lol
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:28 AM
How's that a way around the law? He's keeping his nose clean as he should. Where is he "getting around" anything?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was so shocked . When I left I didn’t speak to him for 3 days and I ended the relationship . When he played the blame game I knew I made the correct choice to end it & stay away. He isn’t even in a police department and thinking of ways around the law? He will be flagged in his process / interviews I hope!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Velvetfog
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:39 AM
I wouldn't interpret that comment as a red flag. That being said, if I thought a guy was going to hit me the relationship would be over.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:42 AM

Not sure I see that as a red flag but if you do you are making the right decision.  And why is he having so much difficulty becoming a cop?  I don't really know the process but had no idea it takes jumping through hoops.

crimson417
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
How is he getting around anything? He didn't hit you, he showed self control. I think he's the one that dodged the bullet here.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I was so shocked . When I left I didn’t speak to him for 3 days and I ended the relationship . When he played the blame game I knew I made the correct choice to end it & stay away. He isn’t even in a police department and thinking of ways around the law? He will be flagged in his process / interviews I hope!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)