Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do you like having so much land?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
People here often boast about their homes being situated on multiple acres. A half acre is ideal for lots of privacy, but you can have a great place to live on much less. Unless I could afford to beautifully landscape and pay for services to maintain an entire acre+ I don’t see the allure.

If you have a horse ranch or an income producing orchard, etc. that is a totally different situation.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

then don't worry about why some people like to own land

Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:55 AM

I feel the same way.  What do people DO with all that land?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:55 AM
I don’t want land either. I’m not outdoorsy and i don’t want to have to take care of it.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this

I guess they really like their privacy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:57 AM

We have a long lot, it's just over an acre. We like to garden and be outside. We have beautiful maple trees and plan to set up a fire pit area this summer. 

redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom lives on a LOT of land. Probably 100 acres or something like that. Basically she owns the land her house sits on, a pond, and a shit ton of woods going all the way to the top of a ridge/mountain. But its in the middle of butt fuck nowhere Alabama. Her nearest store is the Dollar General 15 minutes away. Nearest walmart is maybe 25 minutes away.

She was able to get the land cheap due to being out in the middle of nowhere.

They bought it because my Stepdad has PTSD and does not want to be around people anymore and noise. My mom also likes nature and animals and plants. They get to see a lot of wildlife. She has plenty of room to garden. They like being able to make sure hunters and poachers don't come near their house since they own all the woods around their house.

Their driveway from the house to the street is a mile long literally.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I just like it, it's open, I'm not close to any neighbors. Plus, we have a lot of get togethers, so it makes being outdoors more enjoyable.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:58 AM
I have a tiny lot now. I don't want all the yardwork. More privacy would be nice, but until I can get a piece of land that's mostly forest with a little yard, that won't happen.
Sopaw
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd like to have many acres. It's an investment but it's also just a way to feel like I'm in my own world.
Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 9:59 AM
We have a little over half an acre, perfect size for us. Our neighbors houses aren't that close to us, which we love. We live on a country road. We have a firepit, a teether ball set, our golden has plenty of room to run and play ball. We have a nice size garden for veggies. It's peaceful out here, just last week we saw 5 deer down near the creek.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)