Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do with my son... I’m lost

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
My 8 year old son is constantly crying when he doesn’t get his way.
He is unable to do anything for himself. When he wakes up i tell him to get dress and go eat. It takes him 20mins just to get dressed. Every morning I’m fighting with him to get ready for school. Is this normal? If it was up to him, it would take him 2 hours to get ready.
He is constantly blaming me when he gets in trouble “why are you ruining my day”, “why are you making me cry”.
I can’t deal with the crying. It’s driving me crazy!! I’m trying to be a supportive mother but he is crying most of the time he is home (not at school).

I’ll add his dad is not the best parent. He is constantly yelling at everyone, he has high expectations and if they are not met, he yells and compares my son to other kids. Although His dad is not physically abusive I do think he is mentally abusive.
I have talked to the courts about this and they won’t do anything because it’s not physical. His dad was this way when he was married to me and Continues.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this
It's hormones. Boys are super tough from 8-11. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be punishing him for his bad behavior.

It sounds shitty but you had a kid with a man you knew was an asshole. These are the consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
Letting your son continue to be influenced by your husband isn't helping things that's for sure.

I would demand my husband change his behavior for the benefit of our son and our family. And then you could work together on dealing with your son's behavior in a positive manner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
He wasn’t an asshole. I thought he would be an amazing dad, he was so good with his nieces and nephew and even good to mine. My ex comes from an amazing family, his dad is one of the best dads I know. I have no idea where he gets his attitude from.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would be punishing him for his bad behavior.

It sounds shitty but you had a kid with a man you knew was an asshole. These are the consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:01 PM
He is not my husband anymore. I have recorded him talking badly to the kids and I have tried to fight this in court.. there is nothing I can do about his behavior

Quoting Anonymous 3: Letting your son continue to be influenced by your husband isn't helping things that's for sure.

I would demand my husband change his behavior for the benefit of our son and our family. And then you could work together on dealing with your son's behavior in a positive manner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried getting his stuff ready the night before? Putting out his clothes and deciding on what he will have for breakfast the night before might make the mornings easier. 

MenopauseManiac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:03 PM

Mine is 10 now.  Will it really get better soon?  My son started with smart mouth about a year ago.

Quoting TowerWife: It's hormones. Boys are super tough from 8-11. Good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:04 PM
That’s what I do. His clothes are out for him .

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Have you tried getting his stuff ready the night before? Putting out his clothes and deciding on what he will have for breakfast the night before might make the mornings easier. 

alexsmommy51405
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Does your son have any kind of behavioral issues or development issues? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:06 PM
He has a speech delay.

Quoting alexsmommy51405:

Does your son have any kind of behavioral issues or development issues? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)