Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bristle when I hear "put her on birth control"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
5 moms liked this

I would not put any child of mine on birth control.   They may elect to get it for themselves if they feel the need - and I will both drive them to the appointment and pay for it - but no way am I doing a "you're 15 - time for birth control!"   sort of thing.   It is their body, they can decide for themselves when or if to go on the pill.  Their bodies, their sex lives, their decision.  

FTR, I am 46 years old.  I have never used hormonal birth control, and have only ever had 3 planned pregnancies.   There is no history of teen pregnancy in my family and maybe that colours my feelings.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I turned 15 my mom said let’s get birth control, I said ok. Because I didn’t want to be a teen mom, she was and didn’t want that for me
justnosy2090
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. Teens do not realize the risks of birth control
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I respect that you have very strong feelings on this subject, however you aren't being realistic.  You're making this decision based on your own past, not on your dd's present and future.  Don't be surprised or angry if she ends up pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I don’t think anyone automatically puts their 15 year old on bc, but you can bet your ass if my kid asks me to take her to get it, I would. Also, your pregnancy history has zero to do with the likelihood of your kids conceiving...your aware of that, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 11:59 AM
I so agree!! These women get off on thinking they control their kids 100%.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
3 moms liked this
If they don’t understand the risk of birth control, how the hell do you expect them to take care of a tiny human?

Quoting justnosy2090: I agree. Teens do not realize the risks of birth control
tish_hughes82
by on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
You become angry? How weird.
mjande4
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
4 moms liked this

You do know that many girls/women go on birth control to regulate/reduce their periods right!?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
3 moms liked this
I put my dd on it at 15 because i found out she was having sex and i wasn't going to be taking care of any babies . She is now 18 and baby free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I didn't either. Instead of putting hormones in my body, I didn't have sex.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I turned 15 my mom said let’s get birth control, I said ok. Because I didn’t want to be a teen mom, she was and didn’t want that for me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)