Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What career path?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
Did you choose? What is a ballpark salary (I don't want your specific salary, that seems too personal), and how long were you in school?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:43 PM

I went into finance and got a Bachelor's. You can make a lot in the field depending on what industry you go into. I ultimately went into non-profit and make close to 6 figures. 

Idkmyscreenname
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM
Business Management. I have an MBA, I make 3 figures.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:46 PM
How long were you in school and what was your major? Accounting? I'm sorry if they're personal questions. I'm just tired of what I'm doing and looking for ideas for a change. But I don't want to make less that I'm making now.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I went into finance and got a Bachelor's. You can make a lot in the field depending on what industry you go into. I ultimately went into non-profit and make close to 6 figures. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:47 PM

I'm a pro. I make about 200k a year. 

lol. jk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:49 PM

It's fine...not personal at all.

I have a Bachelor's, so it was a 4 year degree and I studied Finance. I never went into financial services or the financial field. I stayed away because of the lack of work/life balance. I worked in consumer goods and then media for a long time before switching over to the non-profit realm. 

What do you do now?

Quoting Anonymous 1: How long were you in school and what was your major? Accounting? I'm sorry if they're personal questions. I'm just tired of what I'm doing and looking for ideas for a change. But I don't want to make less that I'm making now.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:52 PM
I'm a nurse. I love it but I'm burnt out. I'm also developing some health issues that can cause me to become more of a liability than an asset.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I have a Bachelor's, so it was a 4 year degree and I studied Finance. I never went into financial services or the financial field. I stayed away because of the lack of work/life balance. I worked in consumer goods and then media for a long time before switching over to the non-profit realm. 

What do you do now?

Quoting Anonymous 1: How long were you in school and what was your major? Accounting? I'm sorry if they're personal questions. I'm just tired of what I'm doing and looking for ideas for a change. But I don't want to make less that I'm making now.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:54 PM
I am a farmer. If I didn't farm we would have lost the family farm. I am the only family member from my generation that stayed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:55 PM

Got it!

I know there are different avenues in which you can practice? Is that a possibility? Or even leveraging your nursing experience into something more adminstrative?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm a nurse. I love it but I'm burnt out. I'm also developing some health issues that can cause me to become more of a liability than an asset.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

What do you do now?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 4:58 PM
I'm a medical writer. I have a phd in biology, so I was in school for a long fucking time (4 years undergrad, 6 grad school)

Starting salary is about 65,000. It goes up quickly.

I work freelance. Last year I made 55,000 working part time.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 5:07 PM

what about becoming a telephone advise nurse? Most big insurance companies have them. Nursing is a good field, try a new way to do it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm a nurse. I love it but I'm burnt out. I'm also developing some health issues that can cause me to become more of a liability than an asset.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

What do you do now?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)