Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to wear to a Christian church?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
I'll start by saying that I'm a solid atheist. That being said, I have agreed to go to a Christian church this Sunday with my bfs family. I plan on just keeping my mouth shut and being respectful of their beliefs.

I have a rather alternative appearance (burgundy hair, tattoos, usually wear leggings and a t shirt) and I know that my usual look isn't very religion- friendly and I don't want to offend anyone at the church. What do I wear? I need something long sleeved to cover tattoos.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:42 PM
I wear leggings and a regular shirt. You wear whatever you want, no one is there to judge you.
pinkcoffeecup
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:43 PM

Dress pants and dress shirt is ok. Well at my church it is.  Not sure how some dress at other churches. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:43 PM
To be safe, a skirt that's at least knee length, and a top that shows no cleavage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:44 PM
Our church is casual. I wear jeans and a zip up sweater or sweatshirt. Sometimes the plaster wears jeans also. Ask your bf if his church is fancy or casual.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:45 PM
Where whatever you want as long as it doesn't show cleavage.
lilblu399
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:45 PM

I go to Church in jeans in a T shirt often. 

Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:45 PM
Those who judge don’t matter and those who matter don’t judge. I wouldn’t change my comfort level or appearance to make any “Christian” comfortable with you being in church! With that said if it were a community that covered their head or had another piece of clothing that was sacred Inwould add that to my wardrobe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:45 PM
Women do wear pants to some churches. In other denominations it would be considered offensive. A conservative dress or skirt and blouse is your safest option.
Lyoness17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:48 PM
That wouldn't be out place out my church. Lots of women do leggings and a tee, myself and the pastor's daughter included. Our pastor and one of the guys in our band have full sleeves of tattoos and the youth pastor's mom has bright blue hair.
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2018 at 8:48 PM

jeans and a long sleeved t shirt.  or a sweater.

unless it's an orthodox church .... then wear a dress with a sweater.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)