Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back at it... STILL *Trigger (Medical Photos)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I made a post almost a month back “Riddle Me This”. (If need be, I can link it to this thread) to sum it up, she is getting hives (now on any part of her body). These welts come up and stay for a sold 5-10 days! They itch and hurt her like crazy. We have been to three different docotors and had a total of 4 visits concerning these pests. One of these visits included a dermatologist (whom had his co-physician also look at her). They gave her a higher dosage of the steroids she had taken a week prior to this visit and diagnosed her with idiopathic angioedmia. Which means, we will never know the cause, basically. The doctor said in NO WAY possible are these bug bites of any kind (for various reasons)

Well, anyway, she will finish her last 50 mg Predisone Steroid poll tomorrow (it was a 10 day course) and today she got many new huge Welps!) We go back to the dermatologist NEXT Thursday.

These are keeping her from doing her daily activities and she’s been wearing long sleeves and no dresses to avoid people from seeing her skin (as the welts that appear and the “scarring” they leave)

Any ideas on how to relieve? She says they burn, itch, and prick 24/7. We’ve tried almost every antihistamine. It does not touch it. We’ve tried oatmeal baths, vinegar baths, creams, lotions, aloe, alcohol (tried to dry it out). You name it, chances are we tried it. But hey, we are desperate- I’ll hear anything you got.

(PS, just for fun I’ll post the newest spots in the comments below!)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:56 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Trigger, photos. **
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh gosh, your poor girl! I have no real advice, unfortunately. I’ve only felt with eczema. I hope you get answers soon.
MommyTo3Chics
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I don’t know, but I pray you find a resolution soon. How awful for her to deal with on a daily basis
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn, I’m sorry. I was really hoping you’d have this figured out by now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
These are the brightest they have been in a while, not definitely not the worst ones she’s had!
Though she’s pretty miserable /:

Quoting MommyTo3Chics: I don’t know, but I pray you find a resolution soon. How awful for her to deal with on a daily basis
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I know, bless her

Quoting Ted1242: Damn, I’m sorry. I was really hoping you’d have this figured out by now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel bad for her i get hives but allegies pills usually gets rid of them and they feel horrible
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Worth a shot to see if it helps. My son has a prescription steroid cream and his allergy doc tells us mix the entire tub( it’s a huge tube) in with a full container of CeraVe cream. It works wonders on the itching and clearing the hives. Make sure though it’s a strong steroid and that you buy the cerave cream not the lotion. The cream comes in a container like body butter would come in. You can find it at any store over by the face wash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Do your hives last 5-10 days at a time or do they go away after a few hours?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I feel bad for her i get hives but allegies pills usually gets rid of them and they feel horrible
MommyTo3Chics
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I just can’t imagine dealing with that daily! Poor girl!

Quoting Anonymous 1: These are the brightest they have been in a while, not definitely not the worst ones she’s had!
Though she’s pretty miserable /:

Quoting MommyTo3Chics: I don’t know, but I pray you find a resolution soon. How awful for her to deal with on a daily basis
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)