Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you listen to music at work?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:29 AM
  • 62 Replies
We have a radio on all day where I work. What we listen to depends in the day and how we feel. Lately I have noticed people commenting about how unusual it is to have music in the back ground at a bank. No one complains, its just a general observation.

Is that so unusual? Do you listen to music while you work?
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:33 AM
I did but I worked at a preschool and having soft music in the background promotes learning.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:34 AM
Unfortunately.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:37 AM
You don't like it? I find that it makes the day go by a lot faster

Quoting Ted1242: Unfortunately.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:37 AM
Did you play a variety of genres?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I did but I worked at a preschool and having soft music in the background promotes learning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:42 AM
I wish. When I worked 3rds at the gas station I did because I can't stand silence but teaching we had to have from director approved cds

Quoting shadow_lark: Did you play a variety of genres?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I did but I worked at a preschool and having soft music in the background promotes learning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:43 AM
Sometimes I play Pandora on my computer but that is generally frowned upon since it slows down the WiFi so I try to only do it when people are out and the quiet is too quiet.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:43 AM
Sometimes, but only with headphones.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:47 AM

I do have Pandora on in my office all day. I only like instrumental music though while I am working. I mostly listen to Film Scores, Vitamin string orchestra or whatever its called, or Harry Potter film scores channel. I have a bag pipe channel for St. Patricks day. A patriotic channel for 4th of July, memorial day, labor day etc. Christmand and halloween channels. I have a dirty music channel for after all the cleints go home.

shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 2:50 AM
What's the dirty music channel?

Quoting redheadtmk:

I do have Pandora on in my office all day. I only like instrumental music though while I am working. I mostly listen to Film Scores, Vitamin string orchestra or whatever its called, or Harry Potter film scores channel. I have a bag pipe channel for St. Patricks day. A patriotic channel for 4th of July, memorial day, labor day etc. Christmand and halloween channels. I have a dirty music channel for after all the cleints go home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 3:08 AM
Sometimes we will turn Pandora on a computer if it isn't super busy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)