Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you're sick

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
Can and does your DH stay home from work?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Idkmyscreenname
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:44 AM
DH and I don't live together. I am sick currently. He offered to come over and take care of me, but that is silly to me.

When I had my hysterectomy, DH took care of me for a week. I appreciated it, but I forced him to go back to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:48 AM
Why don't you live together?

Quoting Idkmyscreenname: DH and I don't live together. I am sick currently. He offered to come over and take care of me, but that is silly to me.

When I had my hysterectomy, DH took care of me for a week. I appreciated it, but I forced him to go back to work.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:51 AM
The only time my husband has stayed home was when I had surgery or babies. After surgery I was loopy as shit. I lasted 2 days on their pain meds before I said to get me some damn tylenol because I hated feeling so helpless. I shouldn't need help walking to the bathroom for neck surgery. No. Just no. Tylenol wasn't as good for the pain, but I could walk, take care of my baby, and in general function.

After babies my husband gets 10 days of paternity leave and usually has a bunch of leave saved up that he uses. But normal illnesses and such? No. He has called to check up on me, but not stayed home.
Idkmyscreenname
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:51 AM
We just don't live together well. We have been together 30 years, and are committed and happy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why don't you live together?

Quoting Idkmyscreenname: DH and I don't live together. I am sick currently. He offered to come over and take care of me, but that is silly to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:54 AM
He doesn't work. I don't stay home when he's sick though as I wouldn't expect him to miss work when I'm sick if that were the case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 5:01 AM
I've never had anyone stay home because I was sick before now. The main reason he is, is so he can get the kids to and from school. But it just feels weird.

Quoting Thewife06: The only time my husband has stayed home was when I had surgery or babies. After surgery I was loopy as shit. I lasted 2 days on their pain meds before I said to get me some damn tylenol because I hated feeling so helpless. I shouldn't need help walking to the bathroom for neck surgery. No. Just no. Tylenol wasn't as good for the pain, but I could walk, take care of my baby, and in general function.

After babies my husband gets 10 days of paternity leave and usually has a bunch of leave saved up that he uses. But normal illnesses and such? No. He has called to check up on me, but not stayed home.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 5:05 AM
Well, if it is something he is able to do for you this time, I say let him do this for you. I do know that if I asked my husband to stay home, he would in a heartbeat. But I don't. Honestly, my kids are so good at knowing 'mommy is suck- we should be extra nice to each other!'

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've never had anyone stay home because I was sick before now. The main reason he is, is so he can get the kids to and from school. But it just feels weird.

Quoting Thewife06: The only time my husband has stayed home was when I had surgery or babies. After surgery I was loopy as shit. I lasted 2 days on their pain meds before I said to get me some damn tylenol because I hated feeling so helpless. I shouldn't need help walking to the bathroom for neck surgery. No. Just no. Tylenol wasn't as good for the pain, but I could walk, take care of my baby, and in general function.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 5:08 AM
It depends on how sick I am. I have an autoimmune disease. So many times I can't get out of bed. He is wonderful in taking care of me.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 5:15 AM
No, not should he. I’m a big girl who can function as needed and our son is old enough to fend for himself for a few hours while I couch surf.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can and does your DH stay home from work?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 5:31 AM
My husband's work day is about 11 hours and the kids can't get to and from school on their own.

I don't need someone taking care of me but I'm really not in any condition to trek back and forth for school drop-off/pick-up. I have to admit having him take care of me is pretty nice.

Quoting Isaacsmom913: No, not should he. I’m a big girl who can function as needed and our son is old enough to fend for himself for a few hours while I couch surf.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Can and does your DH stay home from work?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)