Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF PARKLAND TWEET

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Lauren Hoggs a Parkland student tweeted this:

My school is basically a prison with armed guards at every entrance point, yet somehow the shooters brother can come on campus, kids can bring weapons to school, and all while our deputy is sleeping. All this in two days. Would you feel safe?

https://twitter.com/lauren_hoggs/status/976239697830776833

So basically what has happened since the Feb. 14, 2018 massacre is : Nick Cruz (the gunman that killed 17)'s brother entered the school property to "soak in" what his brother did and also is attempting to start a "fan club" for Nick Cruz to show him how "famous" he  is now and how many girls he has attracted since he killed 17 people, A BSO (broward sheriff officer) was fired for sleeping at the high school on duty, and students have been arrested for bringing weapons to school.

So....WTF PARKLAND....like honestly to goodness, I CAN NOT say I am taken back or shocked by this update and I honestly do not see much change happening given the facts on Florida's shit-tastic school "funding" and lack of resources for proper school education, let alone lack of "school safety".

Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:11 PM
It’s the new normal. Get used to it. We had a 5th grader being a knife to school and tried attacking 3 students and a teacher. Wasn’t the first time, won’t be the last. There are threats at a lot of the schools in my state. Sometimes it makes the news. Sometimes it doesn’t.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:14 PM
Meanwhile our president is living out the movie space balls and wants to form a space army

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/13/trump-praises-military-calls-for-space-force-as-new-branch-armed-forces.html

When we don’t even have money for public schools , Betsy Devo ‘s dumb ass is even pushing for more cuts to schools which means : no school security on the level needed. My biggest thing is there is so many failing schools in Florida alone, they want money for armed teachers and cops but yet have yet to invest in proper education for their school. Maybe if they educated students more accurately on an academic level and had the funds for mental health counseling/ therapists on staff and focused on budgets for evaluating mentally ill and learning disabilities half of these tragedies would be prevented, but no the government rather have money spent on bullshit. The American school system has been shot to shit before trump (without a doubt it’s been worse over the last 15 years) but he sure isn’t making it better.
Anonymous37
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyday in urban communities Newark NJ, Trenton NJ, Camden NJ, Bronx NY, Detroit, Miami FL, Jacksonville Fl, compton CA, Chicago IL- the list can go on and on and on- they are subjected to gun violence daily NY & NJ have some of the toughest gun laws yet have some of the most dangerous cities in the east coast due to gangs with gun violence, why did it take Parkland for things to be looked at seriously ? People argue those cities have some of the worse schools- great and equal access to a strong education is key to keep people out of the streets for gangs they say so explain parkland ?

Just in 2016 we were all blaming cops for killings. Now we blame who for this? Enough with finger pointing, this is nothing new in America but why did it take a predominately rich suburban town to get people talking
?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:23 PM
You realize urban violence and school shootings are separate subjects, right?

Quoting Anonymous37: Everyday in urban communities Newark NJ, Trenton NJ, Camden NJ, Bronx NY, Detroit, Miami FL, Jacksonville Fl, compton CA, Chicago IL- the list can go on and on and on- they are subjected to gun violence daily NY & NJ have some of the toughest gun laws yet have some of the most dangerous cities in the east coast due to gangs with gun violence, why did it take Parkland for things to be looked at seriously ? People argue those cities have some of the worse schools- great and equal access to a strong education is key to keep people out of the streets for gangs they say so explain parkland ?

Just in 2016 we were all blaming cops for killings. Now we blame who for this? Enough with finger pointing, this is nothing new in America but why did it take a predominately rich suburban town to get people talking
?
Anonymous37
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:30 PM
Not when we have people marching in Washington DC this coming weekend for gun reform / bans. It all falls together at the end of the day- children are dying everyday in cities from illegal firearms and legal alike yet it takes a rich suburban American town to get us going about gun reform. That’s my stance / argument for this. Why now?

Quoting Anonymous 4: You realize urban violence and school shootings are separate subjects, right?

Quoting Anonymous37: Everyday in urban communities Newark NJ, Trenton NJ, Camden NJ, Bronx NY, Detroit, Miami FL, Jacksonville Fl, compton CA, Chicago IL- the list can go on and on and on- they are subjected to gun violence daily NY & NJ have some of the toughest gun laws yet have some of the most dangerous cities in the east coast due to gangs with gun violence, why did it take Parkland for things to be looked at seriously ? People argue those cities have some of the worse schools- great and equal access to a strong education is key to keep people out of the streets for gangs they say so explain parkland ?

?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:31 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous37: Not when we have people marching in Washington DC this coming weekend for gun reform / bans. It all falls together at the end of the day- children are dying everyday in cities from illegal firearms and legal alike yet it takes a rich suburban American town to get us going about gun reform. That’s my stance / argument for this. Why now?

Quoting Anonymous 4: You realize urban violence and school shootings are separate subjects, right?

?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:33 PM

wow! i truly don't feel like any school is safe! it's not like these kids get patted down or have their things searched through to see if they brought any weapons. and i think they should!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:38 PM

Lol I'm dead

Quoting Anonymous 3: Meanwhile our president is living out the movie space balls and wants to form a space army  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:40 PM
I’m not even kidding , that’s the saddest part

Quoting Anonymous 6:

Lol I'm dead

Quoting Anonymous 3: Meanwhile our president is living out the movie space balls and wants to form a space army  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 4:42 PM
They are completely separate issues with completely different solutions. Sure, they both involve guns. Thats where the similarity ends.

If school shootings were to continue at this rate, do you really think there would be so much protesting in 20 years? No. It will become normalized. Just like urban violence.

Some cities have been able to reduce shootings. Others have not. It's been an ongoing battle for decades.

Quoting Anonymous37: Not when we have people marching in Washington DC this coming weekend for gun reform / bans. It all falls together at the end of the day- children are dying everyday in cities from illegal firearms and legal alike yet it takes a rich suburban American town to get us going about gun reform. That’s my stance / argument for this. Why now?

?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)