Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mattress

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I am buying my son a new mattress when we move. He will be roughly 4.5 by then. I’d like to get him something that will last him a LONG time.

I am willing to spend a bit extra on it.

I will probably be buying him a loft bed to put it on, since his room is fairly small. But I also may go with a regular sized platform bed.

Either way a mattress that doesn’t need a box spring is probably best.

I have been looking at Purple. But I don’t know how well it’ll do in 5 years when he’s bigger.

His current one is a 12 year old pillow top thing that I’ve had around for ages. And it really needs to go.

Suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:08 PM
I have platform beds for my girls so I didn't have to get box springs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:09 PM
Really?

Quoting thenameshailie: I have platform beds for my girls so I didn't have to get box springs
squeekers
by squeekers on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM
The thing I dislike about some mattresses is the inability to flip them over to work out the sag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:12 PM
Yeah DS current mattress has that issue.

Quoting squeekers: The thing I dislike about some mattresses is the inability to flip them over to work out the sag.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My store just recently got a whole new line of flippable mattresses! We had them custom made for our shop! People get excited when they see them lol.

Quoting squeekers: The thing I dislike about some mattresses is the inability to flip them over to work out the sag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:14 PM
Do you have any suggestions for mattress choices to meet our needs?

Quoting fallenangel_353: My store just recently got a whole new line of flippable mattresses! We had them custom made for our shop! People get excited when they see them lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:15 PM

where?

Quoting fallenangel_353: My store just recently got a whole new line of flippable mattresses! We had them custom made for our shop! People get excited when they see them lol.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:16 PM
Yeah its just like a normal bed, but the matress doesn't sit down into the bed so no need for boxsprings

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really?

Quoting thenameshailie: I have platform beds for my girls so I didn't have to get box springs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:16 PM
Loft beds suck. They are hard to make and if your kid ever gets sick in the middle of the night, it can end disastrous if he can't make it down the ladder in time. I gave away dd's loft bed for this reason
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 21, 2018 at 7:17 PM
Really?

Quoting thenameshailie: Yeah its just like a normal bed, but the matress doesn't sit down into the bed so no need for boxsprings

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)