Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They knew I'm a smoker, they knew this would happen, they have no right to charge me today

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:08 PM
  • 79 Replies
Is what someone said at the dentist's office yesterday. A woman came in with a dry socket. And was saying that crap to everybody. According to her since they knew she's a smoker and she couldn't stop for a few days then this visit to fix the dry socket should be a free follow-up. "I don't know what that quack thought would happen, you can't expect a smoker to stop". I was speechless.
*This wasn't me, I don't smoke anymore and I'm not that cluelessly entitled*
Would you have said something?
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:10 PM
Would I have said something to the lady? No. Lol. I don’t involve myself in other people’s shit. Sucks she got dry socket though.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:11 PM

No, but I would have felt sorry for the dental staff that has to listen to her gripe.... What a dumbass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:11 PM
No. My boss tried to tell one of his employees to quit because of his health problems. Trust me it went over like a lead balloon. You can't tell some smokers shit.
VegetaPrincess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM

Unless something has changed since I got my wisdom teeth out they can't fix dry socket. The most they can do is try to make you more comfortable during it.

She's in for a lot of pain. That shit hurt for months when I had it. Even with the pain pills they gave me. 

I would never involve myself in a stranger's argument though. I wouldn't say a thing. 

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM
Wow, the very definition of entitled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM
I am a former smoker. That lady is an idiot.
Theresa1209
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM
I wouldn't have said anything unless she was directly talking to me. But using her logic, they knew that would happen so they should have just declined her service to begin with. Being stupid doesn't entitle you to free follow up care 🤷
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM

I wouldn't have said anything.  Nothing I could say would accomplish anything to change that sort of thinking unfortunately.

Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:12 PM
I would just look at her like she was crazy and then turn away and pretend she didn't exist.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:13 PM
I didn't. She kept going, I think wanting others to agree with her. Nobody did

Quoting Anonymous 1: Would I have said something to the lady? No. Lol. I don’t involve myself in other people’s shit. Sucks she got dry socket though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)