Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people hate CPS so much?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies
I was removed from my father, who was molesting and raping me.

He got me pregnant at 15 and when I told the school nurse whose baby it was she called CPS.

If I didn't get removed I would not have had a good chance at having a normal life away from him.

I know in some cases they can do the wrong thing, but in most cases I feel better safe than sorry when it comes to kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:19 AM

Did you have the baby?

canna_perks
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:20 AM
I'm sorry you went through that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Bc in what ive seen they bother those who dont need to be and those who really need cps involvment never deal with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Cps is the most poorly understood and irrationally feared agency in America.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:22 AM
Yes I did.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Did you have the baby?

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Well anyone who has the power to take your kids can be frightening. Especially if you feel like you might not be doing well in one or two areas of parenting. I have had mostly positive experiences with CPS but I was a foster/adoptive parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:24 AM
It becomes a whole lot more difficult when you actually do the job everyday!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Bc in what ive seen they bother those who dont need to be and those who really need cps involvment never deal with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:24 AM

Here they do not do their job. They absolutely refuse to remove children or advocate for the other parent to get custody. It doesn't matter what the other paren does. I've seen it too many times.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this
It's fear. People realize the little things they do wrong and fear their children being taken away for it. What they don't realize is most families are given resources even if something is terribly wrong. They don't just come in snatching children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 8:25 AM
That's true and of course, cps really does so much more for families than simply removing children. Thank you for being a foster/adoptive parent.

Quoting bleumonster: Well anyone who has the power to take your kids can be frightening. Especially if you feel like you might not be doing well in one or two areas of parenting. I have had mostly positive experiences with CPS but I was a foster/adoptive parent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)