Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why the double standard?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

I'm not sure how long ago but there was an incident that happened with a 25 or 26 yr old woman teacher having sex with a 14 yr old.  I think she got pregnant but had an abortion.  I remember seeing comments mainly from men but from some women also about how pretty she was and at that age any boy would want it from a woman as pretty as her so she should get minimal punishment.  I honestly couldn't believe it.  If the situation were reversed with a man and a young girl there would be no comments like that ever and everyone would be calling for him to be locked up a long time.  Why the double standard?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Let me find out some perverted bitch had sex with my 14yo son. I'd crucify her, so no double standard here.
awelling
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:21 AM
It's disgusting either way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM
Because it's a long believed notion that boys want sex and think of nothing else, where girls are "innocent" and don't have sexual desires until they're older.
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I've never seen anyone approve of something like this, or even excuse it.

Look at Mary Jo Tourneau? I think her name was.   She went to prison, had TWO kids by her student (wasn't a student by the time the 2nd one was conceived.)

MyCaptain
by Horror queen on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:28 AM
Both are disgusting.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

100% truth

Quoting Danesmommy1: Let me find out some perverted bitch had sex with my 14yo son. I'd crucify her, so no double standard here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:31 AM

This -
And Pamela Smart. Who not only slept with a student, but used him (and a couple others?) to kill her husband.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Look at Mary Jo Tourneau? I think her name was.   She went to prison, had TWO kids by her student (wasn't a student by the time the 2nd one was conceived.)

Bridia
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:33 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous 2: Because it's a long believed notion that boys want sex and think of nothing else, where girls are "innocent" and don't have sexual desires until they're older.
jules2boys
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:35 AM

I suppose you'd have to ask those people who thought that it was 'ok' because she was pretty.  

I don't subscribe to that double standard myself so I couldn't answer why some hold one.  

Then again, how do you know that the same people commenting about 'any boy would want it from a woman as pretty as her' are the SAME people who would call for 'him to be locked up a long time'?  There isn't a double standard unless it's the same person/people stating this.  Otherwise, it's simply a difference of opinion.  

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:37 AM

That case was utter craziness when it was happening (i was in high school at the time).  She was released pending the trial and got knocked up by him again (part of her release conditions was no contact with the boy).  She went to prison and he and his mom raised the children she bore.  They did get married after she'd served time, but are now divorced. 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)