Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you judge moms who don’t have some custody of her children?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
I’m a career mom. I travel A LOT and my ex has sole physical custody of our children because that’s what we agreed on in court. I make good money and pay my child support on time AND add extra. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve been judged. People have no issues with dads paying child support while mom has sole custody...why is it such a problem when it’s the other way around??? The misogyny on this site and in GENERAL just baffles me.

I literally had a scream match with a coworker today who was judging me so that’s why im writing this post. I am so over the hypocrisy.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:57 AM

i guess because people assume that mothers would want and should have full custody of their kids..kinda like that mothering instinct/caring quality. for me, i would hate to share my kids with anyone else but i realize sometimes that has to occur in divorce situations. 

i must admit that even though i know my aunt loved her kids so much, i judged her that she moved to another state when they were still in high school (they lived with their dad). it didn't change that she still was a wonderful person though and i knew she loved her kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:58 AM

But how often do you see/talk to you kids? I have no issue with a mom not having custody of her kid in a situation like yours but if you just dump them and go is what I would have an issue with. 

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Sometimes it's in the best interest of the kids to be with the other parent. I have a friend who doesn't have custody of her children and it's not because she's a bad mom, their father is just in a better position to have them full time. She still sees them often.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:58 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't judge. I feel it's not my business what someone does or doesn't do with custody.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:59 AM
9 moms liked this

I judge any parent that doesn't have some custody of their child, makes no difference if they're mom or dad. Just paying child support is not being a parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Why did you give up your custody though? Custody is in regards to you having legal rights and being able to make decisions (medical, etc.) for your children. PLACEMENT is who the child lives with. Do you see your kids?

I do judge you a little because I am a career Mom too...I travel for work weekly yet I am a full-time super Mom to my stepson whose bio-mom is a deadbeat and abandoned him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I judge any parent of any gender who has no custody of their children. After you have children, they should be first priority in both parents lives.
Malissa1578
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:01 AM

Nope, they should be the parent that is best for them. That is not always mom. I have seen first hand kids that should never have been given to their mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:03 AM
3 moms liked this
I judge any parent that only wants to be with their kids EOW. Mom or dad. I understand there are some circumstances where judges will only give visitation. I don't judge for that. But why have kids if you only want to see them 4 days a month?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:04 AM
People probably question it, because it goes against biological instincts mothers have
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)