Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They trusted me, but I have to call CPS. Edit/update Update 4/4

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 98 Replies
1 mom liked this
Sorry if this is long.

I have a half brother I am not close to. I met him as an infant when I was 11. My BM whom gave me up to my dad suddenly showed up and asked to see us. My dad gave us the choice. I decided to see her EOW. I had a 5 yr old and 7 mth old half brother I knew nothing about when this happened. Within a few visits it became clear to me why my dad got custody. But I went back, to make sure my little brothers were cared for. I would be the one taking care of the infant all night. I fed,changed and laid in his crib with him while there.

I soon after realized I didnt want anything to do with my BM and stopped visiting. By doing so, I stopped seeing my brothers.

Fast forward to adulthood. They are both fucked up. One is in prison. The other an addict who is homeless with 3 kids under 4. I had never even met the kids.

We were in contact when our mom died. Massive fight. Ended up they blocked me.

A few days ago he randomly messaged me begging for help. I called him and he wanted me to take his 3 kids. He was homeless and didn't have a place for them. Said the LAST time he did this the people he asked called CPS. They are by her admission hiding from CPS. They were staying in a shitty ass motel with a woman they just met. No jobs. No money. No car. Brother admitted to selling drugs to get by. I picked up the kids. She had ONE diaper for 2 kids. 2 scoops of formula for the infant. Kids are NASTY. She admitted they hadn't been bathed. Could I bathe them, wash their clothes? The 3 yrs olds undies were disgusting. Yellow crusty discharge. Poop stains. The kids stink. They won't eat, my guess is because they are used to not eating. I made them video chat the girls last nigher....they were both obviously higher than kites.

They are expecting me to bring these kids back today....I can't. I am going to have to call CPS right??

Update...holy hell. So much went down. I turned the kids over to her Gma. Cps came and removed the kids from her into custody today. No one can find either my brother or his gf. They have no clue CPS took the kids.

4/4. Parents were both arrested tonight for drug possession. Kids are all split up almost 2 hrs away in foster homes. Was shown pics...kids look happy and healthy!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lily99300
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:17 PM
6 moms liked this

Yes, call them right now!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. You call. And have them file an immediate petition for emergency custody so they can stay w you, (if you're willing).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:18 PM
4 moms liked this
They may have trusted you but they also used you.

I would have called as soon as I saw the condition the children were in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I would call police and send them to the motel these people are staying at if they get arrested cps will get involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM
Yea, those poor kids deserve so much better than that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM
Yes. Call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm just scared. Because she made sure I kmow that only I know where they are...amd if CPS shows up she knows I called. I am terrified of what 2 druggies who had their kids taken would do in revenge

Quoting Anonymous 4: I would call police and send them to the motel these people are staying at if they get arrested cps will get involved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM
That's what kills me....I can not take them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. You call. And have them file an immediate petition for emergency custody so they can stay w you, (if you're willing).
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Yes, call.  Do not take those kids back. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:23 PM
Then cps needs to find them a foster family.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what kills me....I can not take them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. You call. And have them file an immediate petition for emergency custody so they can stay w you, (if you're willing).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)