Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How dumb can you be? Do you live under a damn rock?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
14 moms liked this
I have a mom "friend" (I use the term loosely because she's part of a playgroup and her and I are not super friendly.) that is so ignorant of the world around her.

We were at the playgroup and her daughter asked me if my dd had a daddy because she's never seen her daddy. My husband travels a lot for work and has never been home when I've hosted playgroup. Before I could answer, her mother swoops in and says "of course B has a daddy. Everyone has a daddy."
So I said "well, that's not accurate. Not every family has a mommy and a daddy." And my dd tunes in at that moment and says "yeah! My cousin A has two mommies! And P has just a mommy cause his daddy is in heaven. Right mama?"
I said "that's right."

The other mom got all huffy and said "I don't believe in exposing my kids to alternative lifestyles and I'd appreciate it if you kept your opinions to yourself."
I said "then keep your kids home and in a bubble because I won't filter a single word that comes out of my mouth just to make your closed mind happy."
Our kids had gone off to play by then so they didn't hear that exchange.
We've had words before when I showed up with my 3yo son and his nails were painted purple. I shut her down then too.

Don't take your snowflakes out in public if you don't want them exposed to other lifestyles. For fucks sake!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrystalSapphire
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:38 PM
10 moms liked this
You know, you keep arguing with other moms, and your child will become a pariah.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:39 PM
Hmm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
You were wrong to correct her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:41 PM
I'm not worried.

Quoting CrystalSapphire: You know, you keep arguing with other moms, and your child will become a pariah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:41 PM
So?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You were wrong to correct her.
lancet98
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:41 PM
3 moms liked this

Why don't you just not have play dates with her?  Clearly she's got a problem with lack of tolerance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:42 PM
16 moms liked this
I'll take Shit That Never Happened for 500 Alex
CrystalSapphire
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You may not be worried, but I can guarantee your child wants friends.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not worried.

Quoting CrystalSapphire: You know, you keep arguing with other moms, and your child will become a pariah.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:42 PM
If it were just up to me, she wouldn't be included, but it's a fairly large group of nine moms. I'm not inncharge and I don't want to be.

Quoting lancet98:

Why don't you just not have play dates with her?  Clearly she's got a problem with lack of tolerance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 1:43 PM
9 moms liked this

Arent you just a special little snowflake yourself.  You are definitely trying hard to be a wannabeee badass so you can brag in confessions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)