Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you or anyone you know feel this way? (religious discussion)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

So I was watching a video about a fitness trainer and his husband who a few months ago had twins via a surrogate.  The trainer mentioned they tried several times and after many times the twins they have now stuck but they were born a little early and are both fine and healthy now.  In the comments a woman said that they had trouble because hey went against gods wishes and that they just weren't meant to be parents not even adopting a child. Another woman weighed in and said that she had to have fertility treatments and after many years and many miscarriages they finally had a daughter.  The woman and many people liked all her replies said that she should have not had children as that was also against gods wishes and that he must have known she wouldn't make a good parent.  Do you know anyone who feels this way?  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:10 PM
When I was in the hospital trying to prevent a miscarriage, a nurse told me I would lose my baby because God was saving it's soul from being condemned to hell with me because I had premarital sex.
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:11 PM

I think that people shouldn't care so much about what other people do. As long as kids are loved and well cared for, that's what I find to be more important. 

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope that you reported that cunt. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: When I was in the hospital trying to prevent a miscarriage, a nurse told me I would lose my baby because God was saving it's soul from being condemned to hell with me because I had premarital sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:12 PM
I had 4 years of fertility issues. My son has autism.
I have often thought perhaps God was saving DH and I from this difficult struggle. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:13 PM
I have never heard a Christian say something like that. I'm so sorry that was said to you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: When I was in the hospital trying to prevent a miscarriage, a nurse told me I would lose my baby because God was saving it's soul from being condemned to hell with me because I had premarital sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:19 PM
I kind of feel that way. I don't think artificial insemination or fertility treatments should be banned or anything, but I do believe in natural selection and there must be a reason some people can't naturally reproduce. Not that they would be bad parents necessarily, but maybe they have something genetic that is undesirable to pass on. I realize that's not the case with everyone, but someone has already commented that they have an autistic child who was conceived after a fertility struggle. Just something I wonder about, really.
STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:21 PM
Sadly i do, but no one i call "friend".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:28 PM

That's terrible.

jules2boys
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:30 PM

I don't currently know anyone who feels this way but I have in the past. (or if I do currently know someone who feels this way, this topic hasn't come up)  

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:30 PM
That’s awful. I do not agree with her. I would tell someone who said that that they shouldn’t wear glasses then if they have bad eyes because obviously God wanted them to have poor vision. See how stupid that sounds?

And I’m a Christian, FTR.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)