Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just fired my one of my son’s therapists

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
His therapist who comes Mon, Wed, Fri is amazing.

But the Tues Thurs is another story.

First off, I’ve had her show up 4 times now 10 min. To 1 Hr late.

She stays the extra time to make it up but that’s not the point.

She saw My son get very upset one time, (it’s a therapist who does ABA therapy for autism so it happens). He began to sit there and cry. She asked me to handle it and all she did was tell my son to breathe.

She decided from that incident that she couldn’t take him out any more because “I wouldn’t know what to do if he does that when we are out”.

So now she’d only work with him in the house when his other therapist takes him out every time.

Yesterday I called the services and told them our cat needed to be put to sleep this Friday. The woman in charge sent emails to the therapists including a social story about losing a pet. The story was to be printed by the therapists.

So yesterday the awesome therapist had the story, and was ready in case my son got emotional. He walked in and said how are you buddy, I’m so sorry I heard your cat is sick. He and my son talked and read the story.

Bad one came today. She was 35 minutes late. She didn’t say one word about the cat. I told her if there’s an issue I’m right upstairs call for me. She texted me but didn’t call up the stairs. She didn’t send my older son to get me either. I went to check and my son was curled under a blanket crying. I asked if she needed my help she said no I’m waiting him out.

An hour and a half later right before she’s supposed to leave I went down and he’s still crying under a blanket. I asked what’s wrong he says the cat.

She said oh what’s up with the cat?

I said you guys have a social story, you are supposed to know what’s up did they not communicate with you?

She goes they didn’t write a social story. I said yes they did The other therapist printed his copy?!

She looks at her email and goes oh I didn’t look at my email yesterday I’m sorry about your cat.

:/

I called and just said my son didn’t mesh well with her can we see if anyone else can work with him?

They agreed to find someone else.

I was nice about it but honestly she’s incompetent.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 5:59 PM
Bump
Olioxenfree
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 6:03 PM
You should have told them what has been going on. Otherwise they will just keep sending her to other people for the same thing to happen.
StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 6:04 PM

Yes, she's incompetent. I would have been so sad for him. :( Go you!

Drozzi
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Yeah, you’re right.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 22, 2018 at 6:11 PM
Yeah, she doesn’t sound like a good fit.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM

Yeah, I would have too.  I wouldn't have been nice about it either. I'm sorry about your cat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 6:12 PM
I fired one of my sons OTs.
And weve left 2 psychologists and 2 psychiatrist

Sometimes good help is hard to find and things HAVE to be a good fit.
Our kids dont have time to waste on bad care!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)