Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler toys

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
What is your toddlers favorite educational toy? Trying to expand the amount of toys we have and he seems to prefer learning toys to pretend play toys. He's almost two.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:30 PM
I love Melissa and Doug
Art supplies!
Books
Cause and effect toys
DIY sensory tub activities
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:31 PM
My kids' favorite toys were blocks, sticks, and dogs. We didnt do a lot of toys.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:33 PM

The Scout doll is pretty cool. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:36 PM
We have him, his voice is kind of warped now. IDK what happened to him. 😞

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:37 PM
Melissa and Doug is great! That's what he mostly likes/is able to do.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I love Melissa and Doug
Art supplies!
Books
Cause and effect toys
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:42 PM

The Violet one that our daughter received when she was a baby worked great while we had her but my twins both received scouts and we were unable to ever get them to work but when they DO work they're pretty great. 

My 2 1/2 year olds like anything from Vtech, we got them this interactive toolbox kit for Christmas that was a pretty big hit and Vtechs go cars that come with tracks were a big hit as well.

Quoting Anonymous 1: We have him, his voice is kind of warped now. IDK what happened to him. 😞
Quoting flowerfunleah:

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:46 PM
My kid loved the food that Velcro connected and could be cut apart by the wooden knife at that age. Melissa and Doug have amazing toys like that to decorate cakes, cut veggies, make pizzas, you name it.
Another favorite was always any of the Fisher Price Little People sets. The preschool, playground, and airplane were big hits here.
I also can't say enough good things about Playmobil toys, but most of those sets are for slightly older kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Melissa and Doug is great! That's what he mostly likes/is able to do.

Art supplies!
Books
Cause and effect toys
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 11:47 PM
My boys were starting to get into wooden chunky puzzles and wooden train tracks at that time. Awesome for problem solving (but can really kick up the frustration).

Melissa & Doug, like mentioned above. Their shape sorters and things were great.

A wooden tool bench.

Big chunky trucks/vehicles. I think it was Tonka that made a really cute line.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 12:13 AM

I got my daughter a set of large cardboard blocks.  She had so much fun with those for so many years.  She played with them until she was like 6 or 7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2018 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I just ordered him the Melissa and Doug pizza set! I'm going to look for the velcro fruit, thanks!

Quoting oryxx31: My kid loved the food that Velcro connected and could be cut apart by the wooden knife at that age. Melissa and Doug have amazing toys like that to decorate cakes, cut veggies, make pizzas, you name it.
Another favorite was always any of the Fisher Price Little People sets. The preschool, playground, and airplane were big hits here.
I also can't say enough good things about Playmobil toys, but most of those sets are for slightly older kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Melissa and Doug is great! That's what he mostly likes/is able to do.

Art supplies!
Books
Cause and effect toys
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)