Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i be mad or am i over reacting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
So i got married last year. I had my friend and both my sisters as my brides maids. Well my little sister did my bridal shower,but my mom and older sister paid for everything. She did it at my house, and i cooked all the food. It was very sweet!

Well she got engaged and is planning to get married in a couple of years. She has already asked me to be a bridesmaid and another one of her friends (she has known for 6 months). She does not want a maid of honor.

I asked her if i could throw the bridal shower. She said yes but didnt want it at anyones house and didnt want kids there. I said ok, like i said its a few years away so not a big deal, i have some plans for it already. Well i started getting texts from her friend of list for me to get, places to have it at, and food to be catered. All of this stuff super expensive. I called my sister and said i thought i was planning it, she said oh well im not the only bridesmaid. And i said this is all really expensive what she wants i cant afford to split all of that. And she said oh your the one paying for all of it, her friend couldnt afford to do anything. So im responsible for paying for the shower and bachlorette party. Ummm i cant afford that. Part of me asking to throw it is so i can plan it around my budget. For what her friend wants its 4x my budget. When i told friend i cant afford this she said my sister deserved better and i need to be willing to pick up the slack.
I want to tell my sister i dont want to do the party unless im incharge since im paying for it. Im planning 300 for the bridal shower and 200 for the bachelorette party. I would need 1000 for the bridal shower and 800 for the bachlorette party.

Im a sahm and dh doesnt make a lot, we have two toddlers. Her friend doesnt pay rent or have kids. My older sister wont help because my sister doesnt want her to be at the party, and my mom said she would give me 50 the same she gave my sister
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:24 AM
4 moms liked this
Unless the friend wants to pay half then you do whats within your budget.
Pukalani79
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I would wait until it gets closer, then focus on making it nice but within your budget
lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:29 AM
2 moms liked this

If friend isn't contributing finacially, her ass gets zero say and if your sister doesnt like that, let her broke ass friend throw the parties. She'll change her tune when her bridal shower is at at burger king. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Buy your sister a book on etiquette.  Do it now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I’d make a list of what all these people are planning plus the amount next to it. Then add it up for the total and divide it by how many bridesmaids there are. Tell all of them you need to have that much from each at least 6 months before the parties to plan it, and if they don’t then you will plan it completely and whoever does not chip in gets no say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 3:20 AM
I agree.

Quoting lexasmommy411:

If friend isn't contributing finacially, her ass gets zero say and if your sister doesnt like that, let her broke ass friend throw the parties. She'll change her tune when her bridal shower is at at burger king. 

VegetaPrincess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 3:50 AM

I'd tell her I won't be paying for anything. 

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 3:56 AM
I wouldn't respond to her text and would go on planning what I want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 3:59 AM
I would text back, are you paying for this?? No i didn't think so, so go stand in the corner
Tunabucket
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 4:12 AM
That is ridiculous, if her friend can't crap out money, she should realize you cannot either. Wait till it is closer, this friend might not be around by then anyhow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)