Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't understand how anyone can

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Name a child before they're born.

"The name conveys the nature and essence of the thing named."

How can anyone do that before meeting this new person?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:06 AM
That’s it, I’m done for the night. You guys have pushed it too far tonight,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:12 AM
It's morning. (At least here)
And this still doesn't seem like it should be anyone's tipping point.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That’s it, I’m done for the night. You guys have pushed it too far tonight,
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM
Because they can...
Idkmyscreenname
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM
I decided to name my children while pregnant, I wanted them to conform to whom I wanted them to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM
Why do you believe everyone loves by your unsourced quote?
UpSheRises
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:15 AM
Dumb
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:16 AM
They all looked like the same balls of smooth to me. The nature and essence was smooshy loud pooping thing.
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Well, a large percentage of parents have their child growing inside of them. One could argue that would give a greater conveyance of the "nature and essence" of said child. One could also just not believe that names convey anything to begin with. Names mean different things to different people. In the end they're just special words created by humans and don't really mean anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:21 AM
It’s 4am here. I haven’t been to sleep yet. Yes, this post is quite stupid. Anytime someone starts with, “I don’t understand...” usually means they have an extremely narrow mindset and don’t actually care, want, or are even willing attempt to understand anything that anyone else does that they don’t do themselves. They say “I don’t understand” as usually a degrading start to whatever they feel they do that is much superior to others.
Then, to read that it’s for picking a name before the baby is born, yeah, that kinda did me in. Like wtf? How is it in anyway dangerous, hurtful, or emotionally damaging to a child to name them before they’re born?

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's morning. (At least here)
And this still doesn't seem like it should be anyone's tipping point.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That’s it, I’m done for the night. You guys have pushed it too far tonight,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 23, 2018 at 5:23 AM
I’ve done it both ways. My oldest 2 the names were picked out well before I went to the hospital. My last 2 weren’t named until right before I checked out of the hospital. I didn’t even have a short list. And I can tell you it’s the same either way. Just about any name feels “big” on a newborn. They grow into their name. I couldn’t picture any of the 4 of them with any other name; their names suit them perfectly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)