Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This little fella scared me

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2018 at 8:33 AM
  • 38 Replies

I was walking out back behind one of the buildings on my property when something ran dircetly in front of me. I had no idea what it was but when I turned on the light I saw "him". It freaked me out for a second because I had no idea what it was. 

For those who don't know it is a possum. 

by on Apr. 11, 2018 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2018 at 8:34 AM
I thought it was a bat. Lol.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM
Is that an Australian Opossum?

Because I think we need to switch. Clearly the American version should have been living there.
Masterchefmom
by on Apr. 11, 2018 at 8:38 AM

It is a brushtail possum from Australia lol

Quoting AliKatAK47: Is that an Australian Opossum? Because I think we need to switch. Clearly the American version should have been living there.

Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Super cute until it jumps on your face!
(Even then still kinda cute)
livric
by Ruby Member on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:11 AM

lol, we used to get them all the damn time in the roof hahahahaha.

theselumpss
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:12 AM
Cuuuute!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:13 AM
How many critters, bugs and snakes do you run into?

I have had nightmares about Australia since 3rd grade. We did a unit on the top 10 deadliest animals. I vowed never to go to Australia EVER.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:15 AM
Ok because I agree with her. We got the wrong possums. Ours are NOT cute. I thought Australia got all the fucked up creatures?
Anyway my son scared the crap out of me this morning. I was in my room in the dark and he snuck up behind me on accident. I screamed.

Quoting Masterchefmom:

Quoting AliKatAK47: Is that an Australian Opossum?

Because I think we need to switch. Clearly the American version should have been living there.

Masterchefmom
by on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:19 AM

It depends on the time of the year but you do see dangerous animals sometimes. It isnt like an every day thing where you have to be scared for your life or anything though lol 

Even the ones that arent dangerous can be annoying. My DS has been complaining because he keeps getting woken up at 4 am by koalas being loud lol 

Quoting Anonymous 2: How many critters, bugs and shakes do you run into? I have had nightmares about Australia since 3rd grade. We did a unit on the top 10 deadliest.animals. I vowed never to go to Australia EVER.

Masterchefmom
by on Apr. 11, 2018 at 9:19 AM

I think we have a lot of very cute animals here also. The possum is just one of them 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Ok because I agree with her. We got the wrong possums. Ours are NOT cute. I thought Australia got all the fucked up creatures? Anyway my son scared the crap out of me this morning. I was in my room in the dark and he snuck up behind me on accident. I screamed.
Quoting Masterchefmom:

Quoting AliKatAK47: Is that an Australian Opossum? Because I think we need to switch. Clearly the American version should have been living there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)