Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh, in-laws stopped by

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:57 AM
  • 167 Replies
42 moms liked this
They texted this morning to see if they could visit this afternoon. They came over, helped dh put some furniture together from storage, watched the kids so we could unpack some, our grass was long and FIL went to Lowe’s and bought us a lawnmower and gas can 😱, and I ran to the store for some stuff and asked dh if he wanted me to get something to cook if they wanted to stay and eat with us. While I cooked MIL bathed the kids. They helped clean up, fed the toddler and unloaded our dishwasher after we ate and then they thanked us for letting them invite themselves over last minute.

Damn in-laws. 😂

Seriously though I was blessed with a bonus family and they took in my first four as their own grandkids and treat them just like our last (dh’s first kid). My ex had parents with major issues and I’ve had the other end of the spectrum too and I appreciate every day that my new in-laws aren’t those horrible miserable people with control issues. I only posted because of all of the bad in-law stories I’m reading tonight.
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I know, really! All that drama!

I have in-laws like yours. It's pretty cool.
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
That’s nice to hear! I’m glad there are others here with good in-laws. After 7.5 years with my ex it still blows my mind sometimes that people can care without expecting anything in return and holding it over my head forever. They’re as welcome in my house as my own family is. 😊

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah, I know, really! All that drama!

I have in-laws like yours. It's pretty cool.
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I wish i had awesome in laws lol
SaskMummy
by Mandy on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I like my fiancé’s family, they’re pretty laid back. My exes parents and family were kinda snoody and cold so it’s been a welcome change for sure!
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:15 AM
I’m sorry you don’t. I’ve had bad in-laws and it sucked so bad.

Quoting engagedandproud: I wish i had awesome in laws lol
pooh2you1985
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
O love my in-laws!! I wish everyone had some like mine
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:15 AM
That’s awesome. I hope it continues this way for you. :)

Quoting SaskMummy: I like my fiancé’s family, they’re pretty laid back. My exes parents and family were kinda snoody and cold so it’s been a welcome change for sure!
lalaballet
by Wrapper on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:16 AM
That’s great!

Quoting pooh2you1985: O love my in-laws!! I wish everyone had some like mine
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:16 AM
3 moms liked this

This is nice refreshing post compared to the usual I hate my MIL/ In-Law posts :)

lalaballet
by Wrapper on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Thanks. :) I was kind of hoping for that because sometimes the negativity gets depressing.

Quoting Sassy762:

This is nice refreshing post compared to the usual I hate my MIL/ In-Law posts :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)