Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party food

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
For DD's graduation party in less than two months, DH wants to cheap out with hot dogs and hamburgers, but DD doesn't like that kind of food. It does have to be grilled as we are going to the park. I said what about shish kebabs because she likes steak. He said that's too expensive for just a bunch of teenagers. Are there cheaper ideas anyone has?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:17 AM
Chicken on the grill is good
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:19 AM
Can you not afford it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:21 AM

Chicken

Often pork roasts go on sale and you can make pulled pork for sandwiches.

You could do cold cuts.

plenty of sides and drinks and music.

She may like steak but  it should not break the bank.

I am pretty sure your DD does not eat steak every meal.  What else does she like?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:21 AM
We are on a pretty tight budget, but we always are. I specifically earmarked $260 for her party and present. I see no reason to try to come as under budget as possible, like he wants. He had a party last month and he spent at least $50 on pizzas.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you not afford it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:23 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: We are on a pretty tight budget, but we always are. I specifically earmarked $260 for her party and present. I see no reason to try to come as under budget as possible, like he wants. He had a party last month and he spent at least $50 on pizzas.
Quoting Anonymous 3: Can you not afford it?

There you go order pizzas or make the kabobs with chicken

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:25 AM
Chicken is fairly cheap. You could do kabobs with Chicken, steak and veggies. Just keep your eye out for when they’re on sale!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:41 AM
She said clams, sushi, peas, corn, mashed potatoes, tapioca pudding, black olives, black beans, wontons, potstickers, chicken nuggets, totinos pizza rolls, pork buns, wasabi peas, key lime pie, cheesecake, sea salt seaweed snack packs, kettle corn, beef jerky, sea salt caramel flavored cake pops, shrimp chips, goldfish crackers, la croix if it's mango or berry flavored, green tea kit kats, strawberry pocky sticks, botan rice candy... I think that was everything she named.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Chicken

Often pork roasts go on sale and you can make pulled pork for sandwiches.

You could do cold cuts.

plenty of sides and drinks and music.

She may like steak but  it should not break the bank.

I am pretty sure your DD does not eat steak every meal.  What else does she like?

littlepinkrose
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:51 AM
My parents did a order at a grocery store. Huge sub sandwich and they sliced it into sections. Two types of chips tortilla and BBQ and salsa. A bowl of M&M's, and popcorn. And a cooler of sodas and water and a huge pitcher of iced tea. And the graduation cake of course.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:25 AM

I would do sandwich platters (just roll cold cuts yourself), potato salad, pasta salad, chips etc. that way no one is stuck cooking all day.  Lots of finger type foods. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)