Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of lotion for super painful dry cracked hands?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
Dd has extremely dry skin on her finger tips and in between her fingers. It cracks, the skin peels off and bleeds and she says it hurts. The school nurse had me make dd a dr. appointment but all the dr. said was that once the weather gets better so will her hands. The dr.’s advice was to try vaseline and cotton gloves at night. We’ve tried that for a week and it’s not really improving. Before the dr. app. we tried eucerin (I think that’s what it’s called), o’keefes working hands, gold bond lotion for dry skin and a few otc generic eczema ones (Walmart brand and target). Not much is helping. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:36 AM
I love Eucerin hand cream. If my hands are really bad I’ll put aquaphor on them while I sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Mobile Photo

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Ask for a body oil called dermasmoothe from the Dr. There's also a cream called triamsocolone (spelling?) That could help. Both are prescriptions.

I'd see a different doctor, also. There's no need for her to be in pain til the weather gets better! How ridiculous of him/her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:38 AM

When my kids skin gets that bad.... I use olive oil. Right after a shower while still wet/damp. Use non scented creams... if needed I also have cortisone. Oh and raw shea butter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM
Skinfix body wash and lotion
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM
Bag Balm might help
K3412
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:39 AM
I use okeffes during the day (every hour and after washing hands) and the generic Eucerine cream with gloves every night. I also run a humidifier in my room and drink tons of water. It’s helped them not be at the bleeding and peeling stage.
5BHaileyMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:40 AM
Bag Balm or O'Keefes Working Hands. Both are used in these parts by Farmers, 4H kids, and people who ride horses a lot. There is nothing better and I feel they're both about equal to each other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:40 AM

My dd's hands get like that too. She uses A&D ointment with gloves at night. And she uses a bees wax lotion during the day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:41 AM

Mobile Photo

This stuff is amazing. A bit expensive but so worth it. I suffer from eczema and psoriasis on my hands. This is the only thing that has continued to work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)