Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conchita Wurst Forced to Reveal HIV Status by Ex-partner

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:19 AM
  • 35 Replies

Conchita Wurst Forced to Reveal HIV Status by Ex-partner

Kashmira Gander,Newsweek 4 hours ago 

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a shame that in 2018 HIV still has the stigma that people can hold knowledge of someone's status as a random item
Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
What an asshole.
EmilyH87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
What an absolute dick.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Wurst said that she did not go public with the information because it is only relevant to those she has sexual contact with.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well it is a need to know if that person isn't disclosing up front. A lot of people don't want to risk getting HIV.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Nobody is claiming she wasn't up front with her sexual partners, a former partner threatened to take it public

It's like Neil Patrick Harris coming out because someone was going to out him publicly....his friends and family were all well aware, the people he chose to know

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well it is a need to know if that person isn't disclosing up front. A lot of people don't want to risk getting HIV.
Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

What an asshole. 

That was NO ONE's business but the ones she would have sexual contact with (as she said)

EmilyH87
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
And she is absolutely right in that. I doubt the ex was threatening to release the info because she was being unsafe with new partners. He probably just wanted to be jerk.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Wurst said that she did not go public with the information because it is only relevant to those she has sexual contact with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this

What risk does her having HIV or not having HIV pose to the general public or her fans?   She stated that she DOES share this information with people that are close to her.

I don't need to know if the person I'm listening to on the radio is HIV positive, no more than I need to know if my mail carrier is a one eye mutant bull frog, it doesn't affect my life or my health as long as my mail is still delivered ontime.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:40 AM
I’m confused I thought drag queens were guys that liked to dress up as women. I didn’t think they were transgender
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM

He is not transgender, he is a gay man who uses a female pronoun when he is in drag.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I’m confused I thought drag queens were guys that liked to dress up as women. I didn’t think they were transgender

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)