Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School bus didn't stop or even slow down!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Most of the time myself and my kids are waiting at the end of my very short driveway when waiting for bus but since it is winter and too cold to wait for the bus especially since he comes at different times every day. He can show up anywhere between 740 to 8. We either wait on our porch or the truck in the driveway.

Well the bus driver has taken it upon himself that if he doesn't see us standing there waiting at the end of the driveway. He wont stop or even slow down he drives right on pass. I know a ton of kids don't even leave the house till the bus shows up so this shouldn't be a big deal.

My kids ride the bus every day there is school. Even if one of them is sick. My other dd will be riding. So I am kind of confused on why he didn't stop or even slow down.

It gotten so bad lately that my rule is if he doesn't show up by 8 or he drives right on pass. I will have to take my kids to school myself. Last time it happened I had to hurry and get myself and the baby up and out the door so fast that we were both still in our pj. Dd had to be to school by 820 for a field trip but the bus forgot us. He skipped our street completely!

But is it common for a bus driver to not stop or even slow down if he can't see a student?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Call the transportation department at the school
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:46 AM

I don't have school aged kids, but I can't think this is common behavior. I might start documenting these instances and elevate the matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
We wait outside in -30 to -40 weather for the bus, your kid won’t freeze to death. Easy fix is to be put and ready, your kid isn’t that special. Common for them to just drive by.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM

i would call the bus garage and complain

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM

No, not okay or common and you should call the bus depot and complain. 

Valentina327
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Why would he stop or slow down if he doesn't see any activity? That's illogical. If you're all tucked away, why would he not figure you took your own kids to school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:49 AM
My kids have to be atthe stop for the bus to stop. No waiting in the house.
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:50 AM

You need to complain.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

You should be calling and complaining to the bus company and the school superintendant every day the driver doesn't show up when he should.  Bus drivers have to keep on schedule and they shouldn't expect riders to be waiting 20-30 minutes early if he's ahead of schedule because some kids aren't riding the bus at earlier stops.  If the driver is ahead of schedule, then he should stop at the next stop and wait until he's back on schedule.  If he's consistently late, that is an issue too.  

Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Our bus would not stop, kids have tobe there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)