Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(picture added) School shouldnt be this hard... Feeling so stupid! EDIT!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 172 Replies

Im having such a hard time with school. im beyond stress. Im talking two classes at a univeristy (online), An english class and a culture class. I have very limited time. The kids have sports 5 days a week, I work part time, I still have to clean and cook. My husband works early morning until 10/12ish at night (depending on the day). I asked him if he can come home at a decent hour, so I can have time set aside for me to just focus on my school work. My husband can work from home.instead i feel like he wants me to be super human. Even on the weekends he wont take the kids out, i still wait up, feed them, dress them, bathe them, clean, etc.. He wont help me with anything.  When I do talk to him about it, he makes comments like "Other women work, take care of kids, and full time school", "im uncapable of doing anything" or make comments/questions "i thought you were smart", or im lazy, or im not serious about school. Its frustrating! He wont help and if i ask he puts me down. 

Edit: I message my husband and asked him to either take care of the kids during the weekends or get off at a decent hour (6 or 7) Two days a week, His respond "Im not talking about this. bottom line is that you have time. You only take two fucking classes. Good GPA area earnded, not for the lazy people like you." 

He is not willing to help me at all. 

He finally agreed to get off at 6pm. He threated to divorce me over this and he is so disapointed in me..

Im the one in the green he is the gray. 

He

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM
9 moms liked this
Leave on the weekend and go to the library for a few hours. Tell your dh he is going to have to take care of the kids and that there is no other choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't put up with him then. If I have to do everything alone, I'd rather be alone. What a selfish prick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:13 PM
One day when he's home, grab your laptop (or, head to the library if you don't have a laptop)... Tell him you're leaving to get some school work done and walk out the door. He'll manage.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM
9 moms liked this

Let shit slide.  Stop trying to be June Cleaver.  Get the kids involved in chores.  If you need time to study, then study and get the kids to help prepare dinner and clean.  Arrange carpools with other parents so you can have a free day or two to study.  Stop doing your husband's laundry, he's an ass and should be helping you out.  

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes but those women have supportive partners.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:16 PM
The most important thing a non traditional student needs is a good support system. Do you have family close by? Friends that are willing to help out?

Don’t even think about getting sensible advice from some of these women. Most always say “leave him”. You need solutions, not more aggravation. He’s not helping out and that’s that. Find another way to make this happen for you and your kids. You are going to be so happy that you did one day.
StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM

How old are the kids? If they are school age, it's easier. If they're not, well he is being unreasonable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:18 PM
I agree.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Let shit slide.  Stop trying to be June Cleaver.  Get the kids involved in chores.  If you need time to study, then study and get the kids to help prepare dinner and clean.  Arrange carpools with other parents so you can have a free day or two to study.  Stop doing your husband's laundry, he's an ass and should be helping you out.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:20 PM

School is very hard.

It got ridiculous for me. 1 class a semester was all I could handle. Single mom, work FT, school FT was impossible (did it) I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown. 

Maybe take 1 class instead, or what are you doing during the day light hours? Do your kids go to school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:22 PM

My kids are not older. My son is but my daughter is only 3. 

My husband wouldn't let me take them out of thier sports. my son has three activities; swim two days a week, soccer 3 days a week and kenpo 3 days a weeek. I think its too much. I wanted to take him out of soccer and my husband got mad. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)