Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post partum visit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I had a csection 7 weeks ago and have my post partum appointment today. What should I expect? I know I will be getting a Pap smear. I’ve never had one before (have managed to talk myself out of one in the past). So what should I expect with that too?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM
I had my staples removed. I didn't have a pap.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:22 PM
The Pap is no big deal. They stick a plastic speculum(I think that's the word) up inside your hooha and then swab the inside with a giant q tip.

As for the c section part, I have no clue. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:22 PM
I had glue so no staples to worry about

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had my staples removed. I didn't have a pap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:23 PM
I’m so nervous. How long does it take? What else do they do during the PP visit? What did they do at yours?

Quoting krazymom2boyz: The Pap is no big deal. They stick a plastic speculum(I think that's the word) up inside your hooha and then swab the inside with a giant q tip.

As for the c section part, I have no clue. Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM
I didn't get a pap during my check up and I also had a c-section. They just checked to see how my incision was healing, checked my weight went over rules about lifting stuff and sex and talked about birth control. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM

I've never had a pap at a post visit. Why didn't you get one during the pregnancy?

OhSara87
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:35 PM
Wow with my c-section I had a 2 week check up. 3 days later was rushed to the er bc of an infection and then after that had several weekly visits until I got 2 months pp
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Weird that you went your whole pregnancy without a pap?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:45 PM

They'll check the incision site and ask you questions about how you've been feeling.  I remember my doctor giving me a tube of estrogen cream for vaginal dryness, even though it didn't feel like I had dryness. lol They'll probably talk about birth control options. At my last one, the doctor told me not to have any more kids. The Pap can be a little uncomfortable because of the speculum and someone looking there and then poking around a little, but it's very quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)