Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your kid is constantly absent or late to school...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
3 moms liked this
You are a bad parent. My next door neighbor was just complaining to me about how she got a letter from the school saying that her kid was late 18 times and absent 7 times. Ummm THAT IS A PROBLEM! Her kid wasn’t sick all of those times. Some people just shouldn’t have kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids haven’t been late a single time. The only time they’re absent is when they’re sick. I’m a teacher though....so....😂
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
I'm not a teacher, but this.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My kids haven’t been late a single time. The only time they’re absent is when they’re sick. I’m a teacher though....so....😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
She should have the ride the bus 😁
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
How do you know her kid wasn't sick seven times? My kid has missed more than 7 days of school and I assure you most of those were actual sick days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok. So let’s say the kid was sick on the days that she was absent. What about the EIGHTEEN tardies??

Quoting Anonymous 4: How do you know her kid wasn't sick seven times? My kid has missed more than 7 days of school and I assure you most of those were actual sick days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
The flu hospitalized my son this year, and even though documented as such, we got a similar letter. Your neighbor sucks though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My 6 yr old has 35 absents, she has a lot of health issues though and we travel for her appointments. Other kids end up missing because no one will watch them during the week and appointments can’t be done on weekends.
DiANAiVELiSSE
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:02 PM

MY KiDS ARE TARDY WHEN THEY GO TO A DR APPOiNTMENTS  & OR FOR ACTUAL SICKENESS EiTHER THEIiS OR MiNES AS THEY ARE PARENT PiCK/UP AND PARENT DROP OFF  SO iF I'M SICK THEY CANT GO TO SCHOOL ... LUCKiLY i HARDLY EVER GET SICK I USUALLY SUCK IT UP AND GO TO WORK

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM
How old is the kid? My kid has exceeded the number of sick days. She had issues with her period first semester and a psych stay. It was a rough first semester. This semester has been a lot more f half days due to appts. As for tardys if she’s late to class that’s on her I get her there but she is high school so there’s days that she gets rides or she is late to class that is no t my problem
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:05 PM
The kid is 6.

Quoting Anonymous 7: How old is the kid? My kid has exceeded the number of sick days. She had issues with her period first semester and a psych stay. It was a rough first semester. This semester has been a lot more f half days due to appts. As for tardys if she’s late to class that’s on her I get her there but she is high school so there’s days that she gets rides or she is late to class that is no t my problem
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)