Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ew, kids are so gross

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:07 PM
  • 21 Replies

I got a call today that a kid had peed in my seven year old son's shoes. He had left them outside of his classroom on a shoe rack during recess. The teacher said the boy who did it, who is a first grader, didn't know whose sneakers they were, it wasn't meant to be bullying, and he is being disciplined. Another boy was being silly and dared him to while they were inside using the restroom during recess and he actually did it. A third boy ratted him out.

My son wore his rain boots for the rest of the day and brought home the sneakers in a plastic bag. I'm deciding if I even want to try washing them or just tossing them and ordering him a new pair online. He said kids in his class kept asking about his "pee shoes" for the rest of the day and I don't want him getting bullied for it if he wears them again, he already doesn't have an easy time making friends at school, but I also don't want to pay for new ones when we just got these. I'm so grossed out. My six year old son, who is in the boy's class and knows who he is, said he was going to pee in the kid's shoes tomorrow to see how he likes it, I told him don't even think about it. Please share your own kid's gross adventures to make me feel better.

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:08 PM
Boys are gross, lol...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
To that kids parents would be buying my kid a new pair of sneakers!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:09 PM
My child created diaper art this morning. So much fun cleaning that up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy the kid a new pair of shoes.  geez..some of you love making an issue out of nothing. 

perrywinkle
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Ummm... when i was teaching i had boys in my class pee on each other in the bathroom or splash on each other toilet water. My kids like to pick their boogers and eat them to gross me out.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:12 PM
Honestly, it’s pee, I would wash them and in a few days let him wear them.
paigea
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:13 PM
Oh my. I can't think of an example right now. I would have washed them and sent them back. But you make a good point about the 'pee shoes.' Wash them and keep them, send cheap new ones to school. I am constantly telling kids that cheap shoes belong at school. Now I have one more reason to think that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:15 PM

That kid's parents should pay for the new shoes. The little shit. Problem solved.

Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:16 PM
Wash them and use them for shoes at home.
Get him another pair for school .
It sucks but he can’t wear the “pee” shoes to school .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:16 PM

I would be livid. My son has special order shoes that aren’t always in stock and he has special shoe inserts from his therapist. I spend about $70 on his shoes and his inserts are over $100. The school would be reimberising me the money or getting the parent to. I don’t understand why a 1st grader was unsupervised.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)