Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Every single time!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My house will be spotless most days of the week, but with both dh and I working full time and both of us in the middle of a 2 week work schedule (hes been picking up extra shifts and Im working like a madwoman until tax deadline tomorrow) the house has been neglected... Seriously neglected. 2 piles of clean laundry on the couch because i havent had time to fold it.. Groceries still on the counter because I got them out of the bags but they havent made their way into the pantry. Dishes on the stove from last night when i cooked (i wash them right before I cook lately and I cook every night) and TOYMAGEDEON! Everywhere.

Its not often like this but occasionally when we have busy, zero time, omg weeks... And this is exactly when my landlord decides to drop by for a chat. Every single time. I told him today that he has radar that tells him when my house is a mess to drop by. Its clean most days and he finds the exact times when its not to pay us a visit. Like easter weekend when I was home for about 3 hours a day before i had to crawl into bed..lol

He laughed and said he gets it, he has kids and has busy weeks too.

But seroiusly i feel awful, like why cant this man for once pop by and I dont start mad dashing clothes into my room and toys under the couch befpre he walks in.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:57 PM
Could you nicely ask him to give you a bit of a heads up?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:57 PM
Happens to us too! No one ever visits us unless we’ve neglected our house for a few days, seriously, why?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:01 PM

Don't let him in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:04 PM
Right!

Quoting Anonymous 3: Happens to us too! No one ever visits us unless we’ve neglected our house for a few days, seriously, why?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:06 PM
He will call me and aks if im home when hes about a block or 2 away. Not much of a heads up.

Im usually just pulling in from work when he calls.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Could you nicely ask him to give you a bit of a heads up?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:11 PM

What does he want to chat about?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:16 PM
So don’t answer lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He will call me and aks if im home when hes about a block or 2 away. Not much of a heads up.

Im usually just pulling in from work when he calls.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Could you nicely ask him to give you a bit of a heads up?
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:21 PM
I don't care what my house looks like to other people. If it's a mess, that means we're in the middle of something. If you show up on a weeknight around 6pm you're gonna see a kitchen torn apart, table covered with our bags from the day, other table covered in stuff we're prepping for the next day.
It looks like a cluttered mess because we're busy taking care of things. Judge away. We always go to bed with a tidy house..
AJandJDsMom
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 10:53 AM

I just said the same thing on Friday.  My boss is also my landlord.  His son and DIL, also work for him.  His son does maintenance and construction work with my SO.  And DIL works in the office as a property manager.  They came over for a drink on Friday, and my house was a disaster, and I'm pretty sure it was the same when she came by a couple months ago.  I feel bad because the tenants before us did not keep the place clean.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 17, 2018 at 10:55 AM
You should never let him in without 24 hours notice. It’s the law that protects your privacy. It’s not something you should have to think about.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)