Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

So yesterday I was walking to the store since it was nice and it;s not far from my house.  I was almost to the store and walked by a house where a little boy with down syndrome was playing and throwing a ball.  He saw me and came over and gave me a hug and started talking to me.  I don't know the people who live at that house and have never seen them before.  The whole time it was a few mins no one came outside.  I told him that I had to go and left but ugg it's dangerous.  I could have been a bad person.  We live in a small safe town but my town I grew up in was the same and then one day 2 small girls were kidnapped from their yard and molested by a man and a woman who helped him.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:25 PM
I don't understand people that don't watch over their children. Fucking sad and stupid!!
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:25 PM
Children are more likely to be harmed by someone they know than someone they dont.
Stranger danger, statistically speaking,is a myth
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:37 PM

That may be true but it does still happen.  I don't know how many crime shows I've watched where people were murdered by someone they didn't know.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Children are more likely to be harmed by someone they know than someone they dont. Stranger danger, statistically speaking,is a myth

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Because shows where kids encountered strangers and absolutely nothing happened don't make good tv

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That may be true but it does still happen.  I don't know how many crime shows I've watched where people were murdered by someone they didn't know.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Children are more likely to be harmed by someone they know than someone they dont.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM
Key point you’re missing —> it still happens, and you can either take precautions to be safe, or you can live by statistics and then possibly be on the news saying, “I never thought it would happen to my family.” I’d rather be in the former group.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Because shows where kids encountered strangers and absolutely nothing happened don't make good tv

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Children are more likely to be harmed by someone they know than someone they dont.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:49 PM

I let my kids play outside without me by 5yrs old in our yard.  My 6yr old and 5yr old play outside for hours with me just occasionally checking on them.  They were outside for 8hrs the other day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:53 PM

Not anymore it's not. 

Human trafficking is a thing now. You should probably educate yourself.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Children are more likely to be harmed by someone they know than someone they dont. Stranger danger, statistically speaking,is a myth

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 17, 2018 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Human trafficking has always been a thing and that still doesn't change the statistic of kids have a higher chance of being harmed by someone they know vs a stranger.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Not anymore it's not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 17, 2018 at 1:04 AM
I would have taken the child back to the house and let an adult know what had happened
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 17, 2018 at 10:14 AM
There is chances are equalizing. Especially in my state.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Human trafficking has always been a thing and that still doesn't change the statistic of kids have a higher chance of being harmed by someone they know vs a stranger.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Not anymore it's not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)