Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Agnsty pre-teen anyone!??

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:26 PM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Yesterday my 11 year old was mad that I wouldn’t let her go see Truth or Dare with her 14 year old brother, 17 year old sister and their god mother. After she tried to reason me into letting her go and I told her “the answer is no and I know you don’t think my reasons are good enough but you will just have to deal with it” she went to her room and came out a little while later handed me this and stormed back off to her room. LORD HELP ME WITH THIS CHILD she is going to take every ounce of strength I have to keep from going crazy.
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Nah, I already raised a strong-willed, drama queen.  I wouldn't let my kid see a PG13 horror movie at 11 either.

krazymom2boyz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww teens! Aren't they a joy? I used to write my mom passive aggressive notes all the time when she ticked me off. She kept them and showed them off at my wedding. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM
Luckily my 11 doesn’t push for things like that. But she is pretty strong willed.
BmoreRavens
by Raven on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You're gonna needs these to be prepared for the teen years with this particular child! :)  Your other teens probably didn't have this same temperament.

• I would, but my DAMN MIND won't let me!: a teen's guide to controlling their thoughts and feelings (Words of Wisdom for Teens) (Volume 2) Paperback – September 29, 2016 - by Jacqui Letran (Author)
  • Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions into adulthood Hardcover – February 9, 2016  - Lisa Damour (Author)
  • Yes, Your Teen is Crazy! Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind [Fourth Printing] Paperback – 2003 - by Michael Bradley (Author)  
  • Yes, Your Parents Are Crazy!: A Teen Survival Guide Paperback – June 21, 2004 - by Michael Bradley (Author)  

• Parenting Without Stress: How to Raise Responsible Kids While Keeping a Life of Your Own Hardcover – January 4, 2010- -by Marvin Marshal  (Author)
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM
I don’t see horror movies at all, I make my kids call their god mother when they want to go lol!! But she already doesn’t sleep she doesn’t need to watch a horror movie no matter how mild it is. She’s one of those kids that tries to logic her way into it out of anything if she doesn’t agree with the answer she was given. Makes me crazy!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Nah, I already raised a strong-willed, drama queen.  I wouldn't let my kid see a PG13 horror movie at 11 either.

JustKeepsmoving
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Art is a good outlet for feelings. I hope she keeps it up.
PJMM
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Mobile Photo

On the plus side she has artistic talent lol.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:34 PM
She draws like she needs it to breathe.

Quoting JustKeepsmoving: Art is a good outlet for feelings. I hope she keeps it up.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like horror movies these days either, too much gore.  And my kid would argue until the cows come home too.  She's 20 now and in her second year of college.  She got her own car this summer so she can take herself to and from campus.  I only see her on the weekends now.  I enjoy the peace and quiet.  I do not miss the drama at all.  She will text me occasionally too.

Quoting LCWAmommy: I don’t see horror movies at all, I make my kids call their god mother when they want to go lol!! But she already doesn’t sleep she doesn’t need to watch a horror movie no matter how mild it is. She’s one of those kids that tries to logic her way into it out of anything if she doesn’t agree with the answer she was given. Makes me crazy!
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:36 PM
Thank you she’s an artsy kid, she’s constantly drawing or painting

Quoting PJMM:

Mobile Photo

On the plus side she has artistic talent lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)