Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so confused

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Just woke up 30 mins ago from an hour long nap. There was a box in my entryway, my front door was open and my dog was gone. I was just concerned about finding my dog at first. I did, he's back now. I saw him run past the front door when I was throwing on my shoes to go look for him. He was pretty wet from the rain and looks like he's been out a while.

Now I'm wondering how the hell this box got in the house. It's a big, heavy box from Amazon. Kids are at school and there's no one home but me. Would a delivery person open someone's door to set a package inside? Maybe they didn't shut the door and my dog got out. I don't know. I'm really confused right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
princessmara
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:39 PM
That's creepy. I would make a police report.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:40 PM
Sleep walking?
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:40 PM
That's strange. I would not be happy about that at all. I hope you find out what happened!
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:41 PM

Sounds like the driver opened the door and put the package inside.  You need to keep your front door locked.

I had a postal carrier do that once.  He just opened my door, didn't bother to knock and walked into my foyer with a package.  I chewed his ass out and told him he had better not come into my house again unless he was invited.  I had my front door open (screen door closed) because my kid was out front playing. 

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:43 PM

I've never had a fedex or UPS person open my door.  I would look to see who delivered it and call and ask.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:44 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Sounds like the driver opened the door and put the package inside.  You need to keep your front door locked.

I had a postal carrier do that once.  He just opened my door, didn't bother to knock and walked into my foyer with a package.  I chewed his ass out and told him he had better not come into my house again unless he was invited.  I had my front door open (screen door closed) because my kid was out front playing. 

No kidding?   Did he know you?   What if you had a vicious dog?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:44 PM

Are you close to any of your neighbors? Maybe someone saw it was raining and thought they'd set it inside for you and just didn't close the door all the way. I don't think a delivery person would open your and set it inside. My DH is a courier and I know there's no way in hell he'd open anyone's door unless it was an outside door and the package was thin enough to put between the outer and inner door.

dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM
Is it a trunk with a body inside? I watched “The Collector” last night.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM

They have done it to me before just opened my door and put it inside.  I was not happy!!

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:45 PM

Never met the dude before in my life.  We lived in a townhouse subdivision so our mail box was a communal box out by the curb.  I wish I had a vicious dog at the time.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No kidding?   Did he know you?   What if you had a vicious dog?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)