Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents marrying again while kids are minors

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I saw in another post a reply that said something to the effect of, parents shouldn’t marry again while the kids are still minors. I have seen here many times that people say they would never date or that divorced parents shouldn’t date anyone new until the kids are adults.
I completely disagree. I am so grateful that my mom married my dad (step, obviously, but I don’t think of him as that). If she hadn’t I would have had my mom’s house and my bio dad’s house, not a family and a home. Since my mom married my dad, my sister and I had an actual family. We had a little brother in our home and we were all very happy. We went to visit my bio dad, his wife, and their son on bio dad’s time so we still saw him for visitation.
My sister and I have talked about it and we are both so happy and grateful that we still got to have an actual family and home, even though our parents divorced, instead of just passing back and forth between mom and dad’s house.

Do you think it’s fine for parents to date or marry before their kids are grown or do you think they should wait? What are your reasons for feeling the way you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM
Replies (101-103):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:20 PM
I think this is something that’s different for everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Apr. 17, 2018 at 9:24 AM
This is my Mom too. She has a man lined up before each divorce. She married her 3rd husband as soon as the divorce was final. None of her adult kids even knew she was divorced let alone dating. OP has a very limited world view.

Quoting Anonymous 18:

Quoting Anonymous 17: I wish my mom would’ve waited. My real dad was an ass to her and my step dad was a bigger douche bag to her. Honestly she needed hell still needs counseling. My sister and I both don’t have a relationship with my stepdad. For some people it’s a good thing in our family not so much.

I wish my mom would have waited too. She jumps from man to man. She stays with them for years but as soon as she leaves one, she has another one within a week or two.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Apr. 17, 2018 at 9:28 AM

My youngest was 4 months old when his dad and i split up. Theres no way i was going to go 18 years without dating or marrying someone else. its not my fault my ex couldnt keep it in his pants. i shouldnt be punished. my kids love their step dad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)