Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD not comfortable with ex’s girlfriend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
Dd (14) told me she didn’t want to go to her dads because she isn’t comfortable with her dads new girlfriend (~1 year). She’s 25 and according to dd she walks around in very skimpy clothing, wears tiny bikinis, and is very hands on/ overly affectionate with her father in front of her. She said she tried talking to her dad and his girlfriend and they just laughed about it.

She wants me to try and talk to them about it but I know that will turn into me being the jealous ex and they won’t listen to me. I’ve always pushed her to visit her dad on his time but I’m considering letting her decide if she’s truly uncomfortable being there. Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:36 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell her she needs to learn to deal. Many things will come up in life that we don’t like but need to learn to deal with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:37 PM
I agree with this!

Quoting lucky2Beeme: Tell her she needs to learn to deal. Many things will come up in life that we don’t like but need to learn to deal with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
She'd be going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:39 PM
I'm on GFs side here. Your daughter is being unreasonable.

Did you a d her dad not show affection when you were together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:39 PM
4 moms liked this
She's old enough to decide if she wants to go or not. If x doesn't like it tell him to take you to court. Let her explain how she feels to the judge..
ZenLocs
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:40 PM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't want to see anyone being overly "hands on" with my dad either. Thats very uncomfortable. I would talk to them. If she wants to stop going over there because it doesn't stop after that, then I'd absolutely let her make that choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it horrible of me to suggest asking embarrassing questions?

Hey girlfriend, how often do you shave your privates? Dad, do you think I can invite my boyfriend over? I really wanna show him my thong bikini. I can't wait to see my boyfriend at school, I'm gonna do (insert embarrassing physical action) like how you guys do. Do you think my boyfriend would like it if I kept my hands (insert where ever gf puts her hands-on chest, belt area)?.

Wouldn't matter if she doesn't have a boyfriend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:44 PM
She was only 5 when we broke up so I don’t know if she even remembers much about our relationship. The other girlfriends were more conservative than the current girlfriend. Dd says she will walk around in her underwear and her dad will be pinching her butt or they will start making out so she ends up leaving the room. Idk if it’s as bad as she’s making it out to be or if she’s being a dramatic teenager who’s grossed out with her dad having a young girlfriend.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I'm on GFs side here. Your daughter is being unreasonable.

Did you a d her dad not show affection when you were together?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM
How skimpy are we talking?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM
Lots of things in life are awkward and uncomfortable, especially for a 14yo. She has to learn to deal with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)