Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They are going to have to help more around the house

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I might be getting another job soon. It will be 12 hr shifts. I told everyone if i get this job everyone is going to have to dp more around here. It is mainly aimed at my brother and dd who are both all day and do nothing. If they don't i will have to put my foot down. Right now i work 5 hrs a day. I can do most stuff still but 12 hrs is going to kick my ass and i am going to need help.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:45 PM
How old is your daughter and your brother?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:46 PM
My dd is 18, my brother is 45. My brother brings in an income from disability. My dd is looking for a job she says.

Quoting Anonymous 2: How old is your daughter and your brother?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:51 PM
Plenty old enough to do stuff around the house. My kids are 16 and 18 and have been doing their own laundry for a few years I work until 7 three evenings a week and my husband works mostly 12 hour shifts and his schedule is all over the place. They are very self sufficient and responsible. They both have part time jobs too. You need to make a schedule for cooking meals, doing laundry, etc since they're not used to doing it.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dd is 18, my brother is 45. My brother brings in an income from disability. My dd is looking for a job she says.
Quoting Anonymous 2: How old is your daughter and your brother?
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 8:53 PM

why are you taking care of a 45 yo man?he cant do laundry?vaccum?cook?what does he contribute?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:03 PM
He pays rent and washes his own clothes. I just want people to help clean the house.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

why are you taking care of a 45 yo man?he cant do laundry?vaccum?cook?what does he contribute?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not going to do anything about anyone not helping you. You have been on here complaining about your brother before, and you said, this is it I am putting my foot down, but you never have. Either do it or quit talking about doing it.

Either shit or get off the pot.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I might be getting another job soon. It will be 12 hr shifts. I told everyone if i get this job everyone is going to have to dp more around here. It is mainly aimed at my brother and dd who are both all day and do nothing. If they don't i will have to put my foot down. Right now i work 5 hrs a day. I can do most stuff still but 12 hrs is going to kick my ass and i am going to need help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)