Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms don't get sick days

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:13 PM
  • 35 Replies
I'm sick and today was the worst so my husband decided to stay home and work from home today (which he never does). Not to take care of me but to help with the kids, drop of pick up, actitivites, dinner. I love my MIL but sometimes she is just very opinionated and set in her ways. She called to ask me a question and I told her I was sick and DH was home. She was shocked he didn't go to work "just because you're sick? Honey mothers don't get a sick day! You just have to get your butt up and run your home! You can't make him stay home because you have the sniffles"

Well I don't have the sniffles I have pneumonia and I'd really rather not pass it along to my children and I physically can barely stand. But thanks for your input or not actually. She said feel better I said thanks and hung up. My husband was upstairs in one of the girls room tucking them in and I heard his phone ring and it was her. All I heard him say was "no mom she's really really sick. She has a fever and has been throwing up all day. She really CANT take care of the kids". I tuned the rest of the conversation out. MIL and I get along great. She's really a wonderful woman. But sometimes she just needs to MHOB.
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:15 PM
I hope you get well soon! Your husband sounds like a keeper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I married a partner. If I had pneumonia and small kids grew would stay home. That's what husbands should do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:17 PM
I don’t get sick days ever lol everyone is always sick but me, I guess that’s a good thing though? Lol
Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:20 PM
I rarely get sick. This really snuck up on me

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don’t get sick days ever lol everyone is always sick but me, I guess that’s a good thing though? Lol
Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:21 PM
Thank you! Yeah he can stay lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hope you get well soon! Your husband sounds like a keeper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:21 PM

Normally when im sick my dh is sick too and he turns it into a competition and i dont get to rest and have the kids taken care of. I have yet another child to deal with when dh is sick. Its bullshit!

Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:22 PM
That's how I feel. I'm very traditional in many ways but I'm also not stuck in like 1955 like my MIL.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I married a partner. If I had pneumonia and small kids grew would stay home. That's what husbands should do.

Sparkler16
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:23 PM
My husband is the worst when he's sick!!! Omg a 40 yr old toddler. He did get annoyed that last night and tonight I'm making him sleep in the guest room but we can not both get this at the same time lol!

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Normally when im sick my dh is sick too and he turns it into a competition and i dont get to rest and have the kids taken care of. I have yet another child to deal with when dh is sick. Its bullshit!

redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:24 PM
You mil is a cunt. I would block her number and stop speaking to her. Let DH deal with her.

If a mother is super sick or contagious she does get a sick day.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Apr. 16, 2018 at 9:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Mom's do get sick days - moms with good spouses at least.

and they dont have to be on deaths door either.

Mother is not another word for Martyr 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)