Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOM I hafta pee!! HELP!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

Does anyone else have a child that has to go to the bathroom seems like every 20-30 minutes when in the car?  DS6 says he has to go ALL the time but only actually goes half the time.  He has his little tantrums demanding that we pull over somewhere so he can go to the bathroom.  It drives me crazy when we have to be somewhere by a certain time.  He very rarely has any accidents in the car but they have happened.  We are headed to Daytona in July and while I am looking forward to the vacation, I am NOT looking forward to the drive.  Any good tips from all you moms that have been in my shoes?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:39 PM
I've never been headed anywhere that a potty break would make a huge difference, so if my kids have to go, we stop. Good luck though! Hopefully someone else will have helpful advice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:51 PM

Thanks.  I have no problem stopping so he can go.  I am just getting tired of having to stop every 20 minutes or so and he will only go about half the time.  I dont know what it is about being in the car but he doesnt do this at home.  I shouldnt have to stop that often should I?

Quoting CheerioHolder: I've never been headed anywhere that a potty break would make a huge difference, so if my kids have to go, we stop. Good luck though! Hopefully someone else will have helpful advice.

jabs54
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:55 PM

Does he do that in the house?  Have you talked to his doctor?  Do boys get uti's?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad used to make us pee in an old coffee can he kept in the car. This was in the early 80s though and being out of the seat belt wasn't a huge deal, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:59 PM

He does not go that often in the house and I have yet to bring it up to his pedi.  I didnt really see it as that big of a problem.  I thought I would ask as the though came up when I figured how long of a drive it would be...11 hours give or take.  Thats going to be a long trip if I have to stop that often which I have no problem doing if he does need to go.

Quoting jabs54:

Does he do that in the house?  Have you talked to his doctor?  Do boys get uti's?

FoxTroll
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:00 PM

Mine usually have to stop about every hour or so. I can't imagine every 20-30 minutes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL let hope there were no bumpy roads there! lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: My dad used to make us pee in an old coffee can he kept in the car. Lol, this was in the early 80s though and being out of the seat belt wasn't a huge deal, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:01 PM

How old?

Quoting FoxTroll:

Mine usually have to stop about every hour or so. I can't imagine every 20-30 minutes.

FoxTroll
by Platinum Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:03 PM

11, 8, 2.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

How old?

Quoting FoxTroll:

DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Get on the computer and make a plan for bathroom breaks and where you’re going to stop to get gas, eat, sightsee etc, tell your son this is where we’re going to stop so unless it a real emergency don’t ask to stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)