Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

“Single moms are diseases”

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 521 Replies
This is what my drunk husband told my best friend when we were all out. We were all drinking last weekend. My best friend is a single mother. On one hand I can totally understand where my husband is coming from and on the other hand I can understand why my friend is upset.

Having children can make or break a person. I don’t care how many times people say that children are the greatest blessings. That is not always the case. There’s a group on Facebook titled “I Regret Having Children”. My friend (while drunk) told us how she is a member of the group and she posts on it quite often. She loves her son but she realized having him was a mistake because the guy left her and she is struggling and can’t work due to not having help. So when she said this that’s when DH made his comment. He was drunk (we all were) but she took it way worse than I thought she would and isn’t talking to either one of us. I side with my husband. I wouldn’t have chosen those words but the reality is that single mothers raising children proves to be horrible in many cases. It’s unnatural and is glorified way too often. I have zero remorse for single moms who are single moms through any reason other than being a widow. I don’t want to lose our friendship over this but I’m not going to make DH apologize...am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:28 AM
33 moms liked this
I think you're both jerks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this
This

Quoting DezarooMama: I think you're both jerks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:29 AM
7 moms liked this
You are not her friend. Just let it go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:30 AM
3 moms liked this
You are both assholes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:30 AM
Troll
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:30 AM
Why? Because we have opinions? Her son is struggling without a dad in his life. She made a stupid choice. DH shouldn’t have said what he said but he wasn’t completely off. Her son is struggling and will probably continue to struggle because his parents made a dumb choice and his mom made an even dumber choice by choosing not to abort.

Quoting DezarooMama: I think you're both jerks.
NotACatfish.
by on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:31 AM
31 moms liked this
You’re both horrible. My MIL was a single mom. She is/was a great mom to both kids. They struggled because of their dad’s actions, not their mom’s. Why is the single mom the disease and not the shithead who left her?
CampHarris
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:31 AM
7 moms liked this

The fact that you "can totally understand" where he was coming from is what's disturbing.

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this
How shitty of you both.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:31 AM
21 moms liked this

I think single moms have enough difficulty without being openly insulted by people pretending to be their friends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)