Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sorry DH but if it comes down to it I will testify against your daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 181 Replies
2 moms liked this
My husband has 50% custody of his 14 year old daughter. Last night she was at our house. Her bedroom is the one downstairs and last night I went downstairs to get some water and to be honest probably a snack and I heard noises coming from her bedroom. I walked up to her bedroom and I heard what was clearly sex noises. I slowly opened the door and I saw some guy on top of my stepdaughter. They were f****** and from the noises she was making it was very consensual. The noises included "oh God yes" and moans at other things you would expect to hear during consensual sex. I made my presence known and then all the sudden she goes "help me". Ask what she was talking about she said he was raping me. She said he broke into the house through her window and threw her down on the bed took off all of her clothes and forced himself on her. I don't believe that for a second. Number one her bedroom window locks. The only way to get in through the outside is to smash the window. So the only possible way it could have happened is she opened the window. Then her clothes were not ripped or torn or anything. They were strolling around next to his. Not only that but she did not want scrap for help or tell him to stop. Also who rape somebody and takes off all of their clothes and all of their victims clothes? I called my husband downstairs while the boy was getting dressed. The boy turned out to be a classmate who according to Facebook she had been dating.

My husband heard his daughter's side of the story and immediately took his daughters side. I told the boy to wait outside on the porch and I called his parents as it was 3 in the morning. My husband asked his daughter if it was true that he was raping her and she said yes so my husband called the police. I pulled my husband aside and told him what I heard and he didn't want to hear it. And I get it she's 14 years old. No father wants to hear that is 14 year old daughter was enjoying consensual sex. But you have to look at the facts. The police showed up and based on what everybody said including me they arrested him released him into his parents custody so he never went to jail or anything and he may have to go for a pre-trial hearing to see whether the charges will stick and whether there will be an official trial. The police officer said that because I was the only witness to it and because of what I said it's unlikely. Most likely charges will be dropped no matter what my step daughter says.

My husband is angry at me for doubting his daughter. But I straight up told him if it comes to going to court or if I am called in there is no way in hell I'm going to lie for her or omit anything that I heard. I'm sorry but I think lying about being raped is almost as bad as raping somebody. As it is this boy is going to have a lot of people doubting him and he clearly doesn't deserve that. And what's worse my stepdaughter is getting away with this as far as punishment from home because my husband feels she is a victim.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:32 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:33 PM
Oh and by the way the boy was 15
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:34 PM
22 moms liked this

You wouldn't be testifying against her, you would be telling the truth. As anyone that is testifying should do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
True but she wouldn't want me to and I would be basically calling her a liar on the stand.

Quoting krisnkids:

You wouldn't be testifying against her, you would be telling the truth. As anyone that is testifying should do. 

motherofzandz
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh boy that's a tough one !! I believe I would ALWAYS take my kids side..... but this is a tough one. I dont get why she would throw the boy under the bus that way though?
Also birth control and therapy asap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:36 PM
Yeah, im on you with this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM
28 moms liked this

It is awesome that you are going to speak up for that boy.  

Personally, I think it would be the end of my marriage if I was in your place.  I couldn't stand to be married to a man that would call me a liar and destroy a young mans life because he didn't want to face the truth.

engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM
Your dh is stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:38 PM
10 moms liked this
Sounds like she doesn't want to get in trouble for having consensual sex. Thank you, OP for doing the right thing by being honest. I'd do the same thing in your shoes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2018 at 2:38 PM
6 moms liked this
I have four grown kids and while I have always given my kids the benefit of the doubt I know that my kids are not perfect and if every piece of evidence says they are lying I'm going to consider the possibility that they might be lying.

Quoting motherofzandz: Oh boy that's a tough one !! I believe I would ALWAYS take my kids side..... but this is a tough one. I dont get why she would throw the boy under the bus that way though?
Also birth control and therapy asap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)