Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just grab a jacket

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Dd has lost at least 6-7 jackets this year. We still have cool mornings and they really need a sweater but we're down to 1. I told my two in elementary to just go find anything that fits out of the lost and found. Ds says that stealing. Look kid, we've donated plenty. Grab one or freeze. He came home with a jacket today.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:41 PM
He's right
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:43 PM

I had a year like that with my oldest. She lost so many hoodies and coats. I thought I was going to go insane!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:45 PM
Well if any of ours aren't there someone stole them. It's almost summer. I'm not buying another. He can grab an unclaimed sweater from the pile of shit that at one point houses all of the ones I bought. Actually the one he got looks just like one we had. Might have been ours even. Now dd just needs one.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He's right
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:45 PM
2 kids never so much as lost a glove. Then this kid comes along and everything's gone. Smh.

Quoting elzmnsf:

I had a year like that with my oldest. She lost so many hoodies and coats. I thought I was going to go insane!

elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:48 PM

lol, at some point I asked her if she was giving them away... She's just flighty. She's also brilliant, but flighty, lol.

Quoting Anonymous 1: 2 kids never so much as lost a glove. Then this kid comes along and everything's gone. Smh.
Quoting elzmnsf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Some kid stole my sons brand new hoodie he set down for 5 minutes on his chair. The teacher said go the lost and found to get one. He came back with a brand nike, and 3 new under armour ones. My son,the cafeteria lady told him to just take them and wrote his name on them. I paid $1 for his stolen at Wal-Mart on clearance. 😂 Win for us
othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:50 PM

My son used to be bad about losing coats. I told him he would have to do chores to earn the money to replace it, after that he got better. Then in middle school he just started leaving them in his locker until the end of the year.

BeautifulMomof1
by on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:51 PM
Do you not write his name in his jackets?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:52 PM
I'd rather get my Ds a new cheap one from WalMart than make him grab something from the lost and found. Yikes lady.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:53 PM
I'd be too afraid of lice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)