Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this make you mad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
The other day SIL and I were talking and she made a comment that her DH couldn’t wait to tell me what MIL said - that I was gonna be so mad.
They’re always trying to tell me how crazy she is, obviously SIL and MIL don’t get along very well. But I won’t ever sit there and “talk shit” about her so SIL & BIL think I don’t see it.
Anyway, I made SIL tell me what was said and long story short, during a conversation with one of their cousins, MIL said “oh, I’m over the baby thing with them”, referring to our 6mo old.
BIL heard it and said “oh she’s gonna love that”, referring to me.
I laughed and said - I don’t care. That doesn’t make me mad. She said “it doesn’t??” All surprised.
Nooo. A - I DO know how batshit crazy she is and that comment doesn’t surprise me. B. That’s not going to make me enjoy my baby any less, and C. Consider the alternative. She’s NOT “over” him and then she’s up our asses all the time. LOL I think she was disappointed lol

I love my in laws. Especially FIL. He’s a saint - has to be to put up with MIL’s shit. DH is very close to his dad. Not so much to his mom. It’s whatever.

Would that comment by MIL have upset you?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
canna_perks
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:34 AM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:39 AM
2 moms liked this
No. If I were to be bothered by anything it would be SIL and BIL trying to stir the pot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:39 AM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:41 AM
This. Wtf?
OP, I’m curious which one is MILs child?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. If I were to be bothered by anything it would be SIL and BIL trying to stir the pot.
acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:43 AM
It wouldn't bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:45 AM
SIL

Kind of. SIL and DH’s bio mom abandoned them when they were babies. MIL stepped in and has been their “mom” for the majority of their lives. But SIL and MIL have never really gotten along.
SIL calls her by her first name. DH calls her mom.

Quoting Anonymous 4: This. Wtf?
OP, I’m curious which one is MILs child?

Quoting Anonymous 2: No. If I were to be bothered by anything it would be SIL and BIL trying to stir the pot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:46 AM
No, it wouldn’t bother me. Parents with new babies usually are a little bit nuts concerning thier babies.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Nope. The shit stirrers need to get a life too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:46 AM
Eh. That doesn’t bother me either. I just laugh at them. And refuse to talk shit about anyone in their family. I keep my opinions to myself. Way less drama that way lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:47 AM
Lol what do you mean?
I’m not nuts concerning my baby?? LOL

Quoting Anonymous 5: No, it wouldn’t bother me. Parents with new babies usually are a little bit nuts concerning thier babies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)