Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's either your dogs or your grandkids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
Last night we went to the in laws and once again their German Shepard jumped on my 5yo scratching her face and arms. Deep angry scratches. They don't understand why we are so upset. My husband told them from now on all visits will be in public. Either at a park or restaurant. Fil said we will start going to the park so dog can go too. I told them never mind since they can't put the safety of their grandkids first we won't be seeing them at all. Yeah they can go duck themselves.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:28 AM
Why did you let it happen multiple times? After dh's dog bit our son once, i told him to get rid of it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:29 AM
Can they put the dog in a room when you visit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:31 AM
I think I would just hold the dogs collar myself so that it didn't have the opportunity to jump.
MrsConner68
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:32 AM
I’d go in first, and grab the dog before it can jump on anyone. Or have DH do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:32 AM
They won't

Quoting Anonymous 2: Can they put the dog in a room when you visit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:35 AM
I'm not holding the dogs collar the entire time we are visiting

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think I would just hold the dogs collar myself so that it didn't have the opportunity to jump.
Twinklesthecat
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:36 AM
I wouldn’t get rid of my dog so I could see my grandkids once a week
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:37 AM
The same basic thing happened with my MIL. She refused to give up anything about her dogs (like leave them at home to come visit), so we had to sever the relationship. She hasn’t see our kids in years. Her loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:37 AM
Well not the entire time just long enough for the kid to come in and get settled.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not holding the dogs collar the entire time we are visiting

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think I would just hold the dogs collar myself so that it didn't have the opportunity to jump.
Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2018 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Is the dog being agressive or simply getting excited and trying to greet the child?  Either way, the dog needs to be trained properly, but you may be over reacting.  IF the dog is on a leash at the park (mandatory in every city I have lived in), the child is at zero risk because the person holding the dog can use the leash to limit his ability to jump up on the child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)